Thursday, June 25, 2009

Catch Up....not Ketchup!

Remember that show, "Kids Say The Darnest Things?" I always think of that show whenever I hear a kid say something funny. I was in the computer room working on my blog since I have abandoned it the past couple of weeks. Landry walks in here and ask me what I was doing. I told him I was trying to play catch up on my computer work. He looked at me with the funniest face. As I asked him what was wrong, this was his reply, "No Mommy, I don't like ketchup. Please don't put any ketchup on the computer." hahahaha! I about died. It is true....he DOESN'T like ketchup, which I think is very weird. Isn't that a separate food group for a toddler.....every kid likes ketchup (except mine.)

Anyway, moving on. So, we have been busy this past week. I wrote about the job interview I had, but never followed up. The interview itself went GREAT. The company was outstanding and the people were incredibly nice. I actually was asked to do a "working interview." So, it went VERY well. I was given the go ahead on the job once I completed the working interview. But, I just couldn't take it. The hours were really long. And, I AM going to stay at the gym no matter what. So, I basically would have been going straight from one job to the next and not getting home until 10:00 or so at night. Also, the chiro's office required me to work on Saturday mornings. After Kyle and I got done talking about it, we decided it just wasn't "right" for our family. I would NEVER get to see the boys or Kyle. And that made me very sad. So, even though it was hard to say "No" to such a good opportunity, I did. I am confident something else will come along. Something else that works better not just for ME, but mainly for my FAMILY! Meanwhile, I am still sending out resumes and waiting on the phone to ring.

Other than that we are trying to beat the heat. GOSH......this is ridiculous. And, it is only JUNE! We have stayed busy this week. Monday Landry had his tumbling class. He is doing better each class. He actually learned cartwheels this week (ok-they are no where near perfected, but I am still excited that my 2 YEAR OLD knows what to do when he is asked to do a cartwheel.) Then, Tuesday he had school (Mothers Day Out.) We still love that program. And, he does so good when I drop him off now. We went through a phase where he basically cried the biggest alligator tears I have ever seen. It broke my heart. But, all is good now. Yesterday we had some friends over for a play date. We just turned on all the water toys and the sprinklers outside and let the kids go crazy. It was fun. Sad thing is, even though the kids were playing in the water, it STILL got too hot for them and they asked to go inside. Now that is some massive heat! I also found out that one of my friends is pregnant again. She came over with her 3 year old son. As they were playing she told us the news. Here is the kicker though, she also has 12 month old TWIN BOYS! AND, they WERE trying for this 4th one. I have OFFICIALLY labeled her MOM OF THE YEAR! Nobody can beat that! Anyway, Congrats Gary and Tracy.....that is super cool! Then, this morning I loaded the kids up and we went to the movie theatre. I had 2 free passes for a kid movie special this morning. Landry has never been to the movies (or Gavin--obviously.) So, I wasn't real certain how well it would go. But, he LOVED it. They were playing Kung Fu Panda. Some parts were a little loud and "scary" for him, but for the most part he did great. And what about Gavin? Yeah- he drank his bottle and fell asleep on my shoulder the whole movie. He is such a cuddly little munchkin. So, the movie trip was successful. Tonight, we are going to the Rough Riders game with my parents. Hopefully, it won't be TOO hot. I am going to dress the boys very lightly, and take tons of water and cold rags. Pray that nobody gets too toasty. Tomorrow the boys are staying at Gramma and Papa's while Kyle and I go to a wedding reception for some friends. They got married last month in San Diego. Since it was a small, intimate ceremony out there, they are throwing a huge reception party for everyone here. They rented a catamaran boat on Lake Lewisville. There will be eating, drinking, and tons of dancing. CONGRATULATIONS Nick and Dina. We love you guys and are so happy you found each other! Then, Saturday we will be headed to Kristin's for Trenton's birthday party. Sounds like so much fun.....bounce house water slide, popcorn machine, cake, and all the goodies! Yip-eee.....party all weekend!!!!!

Well, hopefully our weekly update didn't bore you too badly. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Stay cool!

ps......Do you like the new picture of the boys? Isn't it the CUTEST! THANK YOU to my friend Kristin who took the time out of her day to meet me and take shoots of my kiddos. She had a lot of patience with the rugrats. The pictures turned out FABULOUS! This is only one of many GREAT pics. If anybody needs a photographer, I have a name and number for you. Thanks again Kristin....you rock! ;)

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Lol. Ketchup. That's greatness.

You are so sweet for mentioning me! I had fun taking the boys pictures! It's hard not to take good pictures of such cuties!

Thanks for being my subjects! :D

Can't wait to see you guys Saturday!