Monday, July 19, 2010

The best surprises are the unexpected kind!

I love country music! I always have. Whether it is the sappy, my dog was killed and momma is in prison kind, or the more up beat rock out kind....I love it! Kyle on the other hand HATES country. He is more a rock or rap type person. I guess opposites really do attract (Paula Abdul pops in my head.)

Several months back we had a girls night adventure at Southern Junction! It was a blast. We rode the bull, had some good steaks, and danced our pants off (not literally.) So- since that night in Feb, I was really wanting some cowgirl boots. You know, the cute type that you can pull off wearing with a skirt or dress, or shorts or jeans. I looked around for some, but of course they are pricey. You get what you pay for so I know that they would last a long time....but I just couldn't justify buying a pair of $200-$300 boots when I KNOW I would only wear them on certain occasions. So, I let it go! UNTIL....

Last week my brother and his family were in town. We went to the rodeo. And, you guessed it.....my desire for boots came back. I had nothing to wear to the rodeo....just some flip flops...what is country about that? When we got to the horse arena I went into the gift shop to see what kind of boots they had. And, as usual....the cheapest pair there were $289. Still can't pay it.

On Friday, my boss decided to take all the work peeps out to Southern Junction again. She was with me on Girls Night and we had a ball. So- we wanted to go back. This time I DID manage to drag Kyle out there with me. I figured give the guy some beer and he will find a good time. I was right....he had fun! We all danced and played. It was a blast. But, once again I was sad because I didn't have the "right" outfit to wear that night. Now my desire for boots has REALLY kicked in. I had 3 occasions within the last 6 months that would have come in handy if I had a pair of boot scooters. Now I am determined to find a pair. I have been doing a lot of shopping around (on the Internet) to find some. They are still very expensive, but I decided that is what I will ask for for my birthday that is fastly approaching (and it is not just a little b-day...it is the big 3-0....so I justified it with that.)

Here is where the story unravels. We went to my brother and sister-in-laws yesterday to head out on the lake and do a little boating. Once we were back at the house I asked Michelle if she wanted to go shopping with me sometime to find a pair of boots (she had also expressed at some point that she wanted a pair.) THEN IT HAPPENED......she asked what size I wore. My reply....6.5 or 7. Her reply....wait right here!!!! WHAT??? I was curious to what was going on. She came back with a pair of very cute brown Tony Lama boots. She handed them to me and said, "If these fit you, they are yours!" ARE YOU KIDDING???? I was so excited. I tried them on immediately and BAM....they were perfect. She said she had found them at a garage sale for $.50. WHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!!! Yip-eeee....I was pumped. They didn't fit her, so she wanted to pass them on. They do need a little shine, but I love them.

Thanks so much Michelle!!!!!!! The best surprises really are the UNEXPECTED ones!!!!!!

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

OMG, those are ADORABLE!!! and FIFTY CENTS?!?! Awesome!!! I want a pair but haven't gotten any for the same reason. I found some cheaper ones but the toes are so pointy. Yuck. I want some just like that!!

Kelsey said...

Very cute Steph! I received a pair for my 21at birthday which was spent at Billy Bob's. Then, I was given a pair that my late Grandma bought and never wore. I was the only girl in the family with feet small enough to wear them...they are so special to me. It doesn't hurt that they are a perfect shade of orange to wear to Texas games!