Little Gavin just can't seem to catch a break. Late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning Gavin woke up in what seemed to be extreme pain. He was crying and very stiff. I got up and thought maybe he was just hungry. So, I tried to feed him but, he had no interest. This is very unlike Gavin. He usually always wants to eat. Even during all his breathing troubles last week, he wanted to eat. So, I started to get concerned. Then, he literally cried from about 2am-6am. He is NOT a fussy baby so this also concerned me. He was so uncontrollable. I tried to hold and rock him....didn't work. I tried the swing...didn't work. I tried feeding him (again)......didn't work. I was trying anything I could....but nothing was working. He finally fell asleep around 6:15, but didn't stay that way for long. By 6:45 he was up again and once again screaming in pain. This time he had a high fever....101.4. Also, every time he coughed, he would cry harder. So, I knew something was wrong. At his follow up appointment on Tuesday (after being in the hospital) they told me if ever got a fever of 100.4 or higher to bring him back in. So, I called the doc office the minute I realized he was hot and made an appointment. I asked them if we could go ahead and get Landry in on that appt also, considering he was showing the same sick signs as Gavin.
So, we headed to the doctor. I am sure they are really sick of seeing us at this point. It was a horrible visit. Both kids were crying hysterically. Gavin would cry which would make Landry cry and vice versa. They had to do cultures on both kids so that was no fun. They tested Gavin for the flu and strep since they already knew he was RSV positive. They tested Landry for RSV, flu, and strep. That was a nightmare....Landry especially HATES having that done. Then, while we were waiting for the results of those cultures to come back....Gavin's doc started to examine him more. She got real quite and concerned looking. I am freaking out at this point. She said we MAY need to go back to the hospital because he was showing signs of having meningitis. I start crying...I can't take it anymore.
But, then a bit of good news (if you can call it that.) Gavin's flu test came back positive. So, it stinks that he now has RSV AND the flu. But, once she realized he was flu positive, she wasn't as concerned about meningitis. She thinks he was just so fussy because he was in a lot of pain. We gave him some Tylenol. She told me to keep a careful watch on him and if things start to get worse to give her a call. She also gave us a time frame. If his fever and eating didn't improve in 6 hours.....we were to go back to Children's. Oh.....Landry's flu and RSV also came back positive. So, now they have the exact same thing. GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!!
To wrap it all up, Landry got some medicine and started taking it right away. Gavin of course is too little for medicine....so we are just taking the best care of him that we can. But, this is where my tears REALLY start flowing. Kyle got home last night and handed me an envelope. When I opened it I was shocked to find lots of money...everywhere....$20's and $100's. He said the people at his work did a collection to try to help us with the doctor and hospital bills that we are about to have. They realized it had been a very tough week and wanted to help out. I am BAWLING at this point.
PMC......you are truly a gift from God. Thank you so much for all your kindness and generosity. There is no way I can thank you enough. Each and every one of you are angels to Kyle and our family! This act of thoughtfulness will forever stay in my heart and mind. You don't know how much this will help us. THANKS AGAIN AND WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, thank you Kyle for being my rock. Even though I know you are just as nervous about all this as I am...you always comfort me and pull it together for our family. I thank God each and every day that you are in my life. Thanks to all our family and friends you have poured out their support for us. We really appreciate it and don't know how we could do this without you behind us. We are very blessed for everything God has given us.......that includes each and every one of you!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Another Scary Situation........
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 5:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
OMG! That must have been so terrible. I'm so sorry!!! And how awesome of Kyle's company!! It's amazing how God provides!!
Post a Comment