



Well, this past week has been all about "new" things. Let me start with Gavin. Gavin started rolling over last week. And, I don't mean just flipping from front to back or vice versa. No....he ROLLS. You put him down and he will end up somewhere else a few minutes later. My talented little 3 month old. I am happy and sad about this. I think he is developing fast....but once he starts to be on the move more....the cuddly little newborn I brought home 3 months ago is gone! Then, Gavin got to experience his first taste of rice cereal. I wasn't in a rush to have him try this....but he just seems a little more hungry than normal. So, we went ahead and gave him some of the goopy stuff. He did pretty well with it. I wouldn't say he LOVES it.....but you could tell he loved the new experience. I also noticed yesterday my little G-man was a bit more cranky than normal. Also, his cheeks were BRIGHT red (I am talking Rudolph here.) So, I thought I should feel around in the mouth for some teeth. I was thinking, "No way...he is only 3 months." But, to my surprise, those 2 little bottom teeth (yes both of them) are right on the edge. They will probably break through sometime this week. No wonder he has been irritable. His gums hurt! And, for the BIGGIE! Gavin has been in our room (in his crib) since he was born. We planned on moving him out to his own room several weeks ago. But, when he got so sick and was in the hospital....we didn't have the heart to do it right away. Plus, I needed to keep an eye on him. But, now that we are healthy and happy.....moving day it was. We moved G's crib to his own room last night. I was also able to get his room set up the way I wanted it. Pictures finally got hung up, decorations where they should be, and the bed in place. He did really well last night too. He woke up at 1:00 to eat....then night night for the rest of the night! Good job man. My baby is growing up so fast. *tear*
Now, on to Landry. It was quit a week for him too. We started going to a program in Rockwall called "Romp and Stomp." It is a little 45 minute class of group time, singing songs, crafts, playing, and all sorts of other stuff. My Mom watched Gavin so Landry and I could have some one-on-one play time together. This was very much needed (for both of us.) I miss having Landry all to myself sometimes. So, I am glad we will be attending this program every Friday. We are also meeting new kids/parents to play with. New play dates are in the works. ;) Landry just helped us around the house all weekend. We went to some friends house on Saturday night for a fish fry. They have a little boy 3 months younger than Landry....so as always Landry and Jason had a great time playing. Now for the biggie......Sunday night rolled around and Kyle and I were talking about how annoying it is to have to cut Landry's hair ALL the time. The kid has some hair...he is like a Chia Pet. Anyway, so we got the bright idea to just shave it off. Now, I would usually think long and hard about a decision like this. But, like I say, I am so tired of cutting it all the time (and it is just hair....the way his hair grows it will be back next week.) So, Kyle got out his clippers and we took Landry to the garage. BUZZZ....off with the hair. It is actually really cute. I think it might be his new style!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Now, for the start of a new week. Man, I hope it goes by fast!
Monday, March 2, 2009
New Adventures...
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment