I feel in love all over again.........
Let me back it up first. Yesterday didn't start out the way you want a Friday to start. Nothing in particular went TERRIBLY wrong.....but so many things went a LITTLE bit wrong. I woke up to find my eyes swollen. I am not real sure what happened here. I have had a sinus infection all week, so I think the the pressure and swelling went to my eyes. My eyelids and the "bags" under my eyes were red and puffy. And, not just a little bit. They were very noticeable. But, the good thing was they didn't hurt. It was just irritating. No make-up for me (and I hate this.) Especially eye make-up. If I don't get to put a little bit of mascara on at least, I look really WEIRD. My eyelashes are completely blond....so without the help of the bat poop, I look like I have no eyelashes. So, that annoyed me right out of bed. Then, Landry and I just had one of "those" mornings. We were supposed to get up and go to my Mom's to help her with her garage sale. But, getting Landry to "get up and moving" was like pulling teeth. The kid decided to move at a slower than snail pace. Then, he didn't want to eat his oatmeal with a spoon, instead he wanted a fork...WHATEVER. He didn't want regular milk, he wanted chocolate milk.....WHATEVER. He didn't want to wear his tennis shoes with his t-shirt and shorts, he wanted to wear his nice dress boots....WHATEVER. Then the phone rings. It was my mother-in-law calling to ask if Landry could spend the night. Now, I am NOT upset about this. That was music to my ears. But, I needed to pack a bag for him and get all his junk together because she was going to meet me at my mom's to pick him up. Considering I was already 25 minutes late past the time I told my Mom I would be there...I started stressing. If you know me, you know I HATE to be late. I can't stand when somebody tells me they will be somewhere at a certain time, and don't show up around that time. So, I definitely don't like doing that to others. After packing all Landry's stuff for the night....I am now running 45 minutes late. Gavin cries the whole way to my Mom's.....he was hungry. We get there, I get him feed, Landry started playing with Pepaw (my Dad) and I think things will start to get better. But, you know how garage sales are. You ask a simple $2.00 for something and they want to talk you down to $1.00. I was just not in the mood for it this morning. I didn't feel good, I looked like Sloth from the Goonies, and I was very tired!
The day goes on and it gets a little better. I went to the eye doctor to see if he could figure out what was going on with my eyes. Diagnosis....severe sinus infection that has traveled up into my eyes. Sounds crazy because it is crazy...but it happened. Got some medicine. Went back to my parents to pick up Gavin (Landry is already at Grammas by this point.)
This is when my story takes a turn for the BEST! So, Gavin and I get home around 6. Kyle is having "guys poker night" at a friends house so I didn't expect him home for a while.....if at all. So, Gavin and I put on our pj's and had so much fun. We played on the floor for a good hour with all his toys. He cooed, gaaed, and giggled at me which made my day. He sat on the couch with me and watched TV for a while. He was sooooo good. It was quite, it was us two, and it was PERFECT! Every time he would look at me with those, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.....THANKS FOR BEING MY MOMMY EYES" I would melt! We had the best Friday night together. When it was time for bed, the little munch'kin laid right down and passed out. No screaming, no crying, no whining.....nothing. Just la-la land for G-Man. It was wonderful. When my husband called to say he would probably spend the night at his friends (a little too much to drink I think ;) I was ecstatic. That sounds rude.....like I don't want him home. But that is not the case at all. First, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want him to be safe....and if spending the night where he is, is the safest bet....let's do it! Second, I got to stretch out in bed and rest VERY peacefully. AHHHH....it was wonderful!
So, the bad day turned to good, and it was all because of a babies smile (mostly.) I think I am going to start requesting to have one night a month with nothing but one of my guys. So, Landry and I can have a Friday night all to ourselves. Playing and doing whatever he wants. The night will be about him. Then, Gavin's turn. Then, Kyle's turn....we will go on date night! Sometimes I think I lose the importance of each and every person in my family. They are all so great to me....and since I am a selfish person sometimes...I have decided I want them all to myself. This way, I can focus on one MAIN man in my life at a time! All other times.....we are together as a family. I LOVE My Wonderful Life! The End!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Motherhood is the greatest privilege of life!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment