School is right around the corner. And, even though my kids aren't old enough for "school-school" yet, they still make it to Mother's Day Out ("school" in their eyes) once a week. I also start back to work next week (been off for 4 weeks now) on Monday. I am very excited about getting back in the gym. It will help out my waistline and my pocket book. I want the neighborhood kids to go back to school also. We live in a very nice area, but boys will be boys. Yesterday, I caught a Dennis the Menace looking replica in the front of our neighbors house messing with the mailbox. I was on to this little guy (probably 4th grade or something.) After watching thorough the window a few minutes I realized what the kid was doing.....THE BRAT WAS SWITCHING EVERY ONE'S MAIL!!!!! So- I stormed out there and let him have it. He ran off along with his buddy that was 4 houses up the street doing the same thing. If I catch them again....I will take stronger, firmer action.
Anyway, that is not what this post was supposed to be about. Sorry I got off on that. This is what I really wanted to do....I want to give you a flash back in time of my favorite things as a kid for school. This list doesn't include the givens like jellies, multiples, slap bracelets, Caboodles, and such. But- here are a few things that I associated with school when I was a kid.
Trapper Keepers:
Scented Markers (Cherry was my favorite):
Hyper Color Shirts:
Pencil Toppers:
Saved By The Bell (this was my "later" school years...but you better believe I watched it EVERYDAY when I got home from school):
Garbage Pail Kids (don't really know why these remind me of school...maybe we carried them around to trade or something...haha):
Just a few of the many things that can take me down memory lane. I wonder what the "memory lane" items will be for my boys when they are grown and out of school??????
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Back to School
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 5:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment