Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pop, Pop, Pop!!!!



I know so many people pregnant right now! SO MANY!!!!! One of those preggos is one of our greatest family friends, Andrea. Andrea is a friend from high school. Her and Kyle were best buds, and over the years her and I have grown very close as well. Andrea and Jason are two of the kindest, open hearted people I know. They would do anything for you at anytime! They are fun, exciting, and we always have a good time when they are in our company.

Saturday I was honored to throw Andrea a baby shower (along with her good friend Holly.) Andrea is 31 weeks prego with her 2nd baby GIRL!!! Little Giovanna Jade is on the way. The name is beautiful and I know it will fit her perfectly.

Holly and I went with a "She's Gonna Pop" baby shower theme. This theme was SO MUCH FUN!!!! We thought about all things that are pop-able....and ran with them. I didn't get as many pictures as I wish I could have. Things got busy. Plus, my camera has been acting up lately (I am sure it is the camera and not the operator.) ;) But, here are a few snapshots of what we did:

First of all I put a bubble maker outside by the front door. So- when people walked up they were welcomed by an outpouring display of bubbles. I unfortunately didn't get a picture, but it was as cute as it sounds. Just picture it......fun!!!!!!

Then, there was the food.....YUM! My selection on grub had EVERYTHING to do with "Pop." The only thing I think I left off the table were Pop Tarts.....and yes I did think about them....but I wasn't real sure what I could do with a rectangle of sugar cookies (that is basically what they are.) So- I focused on everything else:


We had popcorn, poppy seed muffins, jalapeno poppers, popcorn shrimp, "pop" something healthy (which was grapes and fruit), soda pop, and a few other randoms that I threw in.

We also had a "Pop" cake. The one and only Tracy Green made the cake....and OF COURSE did a fantastic job. She is wonderful. I don't know how many people commented on the cake and thought it was the cutest ever. Here is the greatness:

The bubbles on the cake were actually glass Christmas ornaments. I'm telling you.....if you want it, Tracy can make it.

The "pop" party favors and sign in table:

Bubbles and Blow Pops for friends and family to take home!

I think everyone had great time. Andrea is due in October, but please say a little prayer for her. She is TINY and has had some complications in this pregnancy. She is in the hospital as we speak. They are monitoring the baby closely. On Friday she was already dilated to a 1. She did make it to the shower and had a good weekend. Then, on Monday went back in for a check and at that point was dilated to a 2. So- they admitted her to the high risk floor in Presby of Dallas. PLEASE take it easy Andrea. And, Baby Giovanna.....we need you to stay put for a little while longer! Get big and strong.....then you can come out and play! :)

Love you Andrea and Mattox Family!



0 comments: