"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas......Percy, Percy, Percy!!!!"
These are the two words I have been hearing for the past month anytime I asked the boys what they want to be for Halloween. Gavin is SO into Thomas right now it is not even funny. Landry was too at Gavin's age....so I guess I expect it. And, since little brother loves Thomas....Landry has jumped on the Percy train (pun...get it...ha!) I guess Landry has had his go around with Thomas....and now wants to move on to Percy!
So- I started looking into the Halloween costumes for these two characters. Thomas is easy to find at all the stores...but Percy, not so much. I could only find Percy online. Here are the two costumes I have been instructed to find.....

Average price of these costumes are $22.99 a piece. My children are 2 and 3. The odds of them making it long when we trick or treat, or attend any Fall Carnivals is very narrow. They get tired, hot, sweaty, and uninterested very fast. Spending $50 on Halloween Costumes is crazy to me for something they MAY or MAY NOT wear.
Now- I am not REAL crafty, but I can hang. I have done my fair share of art projects. No- I am not as great at DIY projects as I wish I was. But- I can put together a Thomas and a Percy Halloween costume. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought multiple colors of felt. That is all I needed. I had hot glue and a black marker at home.....so I was ready!!!!
The best part about it was the material cost me $15. So- I spent $7.50 on each costume instead of $23. And- I have a LOT of material left over. I bought extra giving me room to mess up! ;)
After measuring, cutting, hot gluing, and drawing...this is what I came up with......
I made these while the boys were at school on Tuesday. I put them in their car seats to show them when I picked them up. They were SO EXCITED!!!!! You would have thought it was Christmas. Not bad for my first attempt of Children's Halloween Costumes. If they approve....then it is all good! :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
All it takes is some felt, hot glue, and a marker!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Steph, those are AWESOME!! You did so good!! I made Trenton's costume, but it wasn't neat as detailed! Good job, Mom!!!
Post a Comment