Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scariest Day of My Life.....

Well, to say it has been a while is an understatement!!!! I noticed my last post was about Landry starting T-ball. Now that he only has 3 games left.....let me tell you HE LOVES THE GAME OF BASEBALL!!!! The kid eats, breaths, and sleeps playing catch, running bases, and batting practice. Drives Momma crazy most of the time.....because most of the time he is doing this in the living room. He asks everyday, "Are the Rangers playing today?" It is so much fun watching him and I look forward to all the years ahead of competitive sports. It is just our nature!

Now- moving on to what this post is really about!!!! It was like any other Friday morning for me and the boys. Fri, Sept 23rd...we woke up to a bright, beautiful sunshine!!! We got up, ate breakfast, got dressed, and jumped in the car around 9:30am to run some errands (grocery store, and of course being Friday I wanted to check out some garage sales.) The breeze was perfect, the weather was beautiful!!!! The kids and I were having a fantastic morning. UNTIL we got home that is. We returned to our house around 10:45 (we had only been gone 1 hour or so.) As nobody would think anything was wrong, we did the normal routine......open garage door, get out of car, run into house with excitement. THEN, my world flipped upside down!!!! As we walked in, the first thing I noticed was food all over the floor. Peanuts, crackers, brownies. Strange yes! But, wasn't really putting anything together. I asked the kids if they did that (but deep down knew they didn't b/c it wasn't like that when we left a hour ago.) Nothing was striking me except for the thought of "THAT IS WEIRD!" Then, I looked up in the living room and noticed there were bags all over the floor. Bags? Really? A picnic basket that Kyle and I haven't pulled out in 5 years opened and spread out everywhere. Now, I am thinking "What the hell is going on?" Within seconds, I turned to look in the computer room, and Kyle's Maverick memorabilia was GONE!!! Every bit of it!!! Off the walls, emptied out room. At that moment, our Gracious Father told me to grab the kids and LEAVE!!!! It then hit me....we have been robbed. Wow- the emotion. It all happened so quick! I called Kyle (of course with the most frantic voice ever) and told him we had been robbed. He told me to get out of the house and....BEEP.....my phone DIED!!!! Oh my poor husband. I cant imagine what was running through his head. The last thing I noticed as I grabbed my children and threw them in the car (didn't even take time to buckle them up)was the TV and computer were still there. I wasn't sure what all "they" got....but I wasn't sticking around to see. I remember closing the garage door and peeling out of the drive way faster than a Nascar Professional. Thank God for Robert and Shannon Dorman moving literally right down the street from us several months back!!!! I drove to their house, and tried to stay calm....but at this point that was not a word in my vocabulary. I told Shannon what had happened, and gave her the boys. I decided to head back to the house (with no intention on going in....but to wait for the cops....who Kyle had already called from work.) THIS is when the scariest part of my life hit me smack in the head.....I got back to the house (mind you maybe 10 minutes later) and our garage door was up, broken (off hinges), and laundry room door was just swinging!!!! Of course I didn't go in....but it was now that I realized the thieves were still in the house when me and my boys had come home earlier. They hide from us....and it is a good thing. If I would have actually seen them, I would be a lot more scared than I am (and believe me....my emotions are shot.) Once the cops and Kyle got there, they confirmed that the bad guys were still inside when I had come home......at this point the TV and computer (that I saw with my eyes in my house 10-15 minutes earlier) were GONE!!!! These fools CONTINUED to rob us after we got out. WOW!!!! I literally dropped to my knees and cried out to God...THANK YOU FATHER for wrapping us in your arms. These guys had me and the kids if they wanted us. We could have been hurt or killed......I had no defense!!!! It is hard to think about....as I type this tears are streaming. Come to find out the robbers pretty much wiped us clean of ALL important things. Our safe with all important papers (s.s cards, birth certificates, car titles, Wills, marriage license, etc) is GONE!!! Kyle had some gold pieces in there as well from his grandfather...GONE!!! Jewelry box with grandmothers diamonds, and my pearls......GONE!!! TV, computer, camera, camcorder, IPod, Coach bag, KIDS PIGGY BANKS...GONE!!!! Police did get fingerprints, boot prints, and as one of the robbers was jumping the fence.....he apparently cut himself. They found blood on the fence and were able to get a sample of that as well.

Two weeks went by and I am happy to report they have caught the robbers. They arrested them both last Thursday. We did get some stuff back b/c the crazy guys still had it in their car. All Mavs stuff is back in its place. TV was found. But, everything is still missing and we have ruled it gone forever!!! The boys are doing better. As for myself, I still am having a hard time. Coming home just brings back so much deja' vu!!! I have never felt more violated. But, like I say...at least we were unharmed and I cant thank God enough for that. I know it will take some time to feel normal again. I still jump at every noise I hear and unexpected thing I see. There are so many people we would like to thank!!!! All the prayers, concerns, people that have loaned us stuff, and of course the action of the Wylie Police Department.

Be careful out there everyone. This happened in broad daylight. Dont think it will never happen to you. That was the attitude I always had....and now my guard is up FOR GOOD!!!!

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

My jaw is ON THE FLOOR. holy cow. thank the LORD that you were able to grasp the situation and get your boys and yourself the heck out of there. i cannot imagine how terrifying that was. to think they were in there when you and your children were... oh my gosh. i am SO glad you guys are ok! i know that what's important is that your family is safe, but how defeating to have your things taken from you... right out of your HOME. i am blown away!