Thursday, January 15, 2009

He is still amazing.......



I am speaking of my husband. He never fails to amaze me. So, he had told me a while back to make sure to leave Jan 14th open and plan on not working that day because he had something planned for us. So, I did as I was told. Come to find out, Kyle had a whole date night set up for us. Now, to some people this is no big deal. But, you see...when you have kids and both of you work and you are just so completely exhausted most of the time.....this was a fun event. So, like a girl who just started dating, I took most of the day to pamper and get ready. You know what I am talking about.....you take your time on getting ready. Around 4, Kyle's Mom, Susie, came over and took over with the boys. It was the first time we had a babysitter for BOTH of the boys. I drove up to Kyle's work to meet him....and off we were. Kyle had bought me Mavericks tickets. This was my present for having his babies. :) I am such a huge sports fan, so this was a perfect gift in my eyes. Over the holidays we had received 2 different gift cards for On The Border/Chilis/Maggianos. So, I called On The Border at the West End to see if they had a shuttle to the game. I am glad I called....that location has been shut down. So, my next step was to find the nearest Chilis location to the AAC. As I researched, I discovered that a BRAND NEW Chilis has just opened up not only near the AAC...but IN the AAC. PERFECT!

So, we get downtown and find a place to park. The garage RIGHT NEXT to the AAC was empty so we turned in. I was stoked about this because I am not a huge fan of cold weather....and with the temps being in the freezing category....I didn't want to walk a far way. That was the first thing that went good for us. Next, we got to Chili's and walked right in. They sat us immediately. Our seats rocked. We were off in the corner at a two person table. The lights were some what dimmed. It was perfect. We sat back and enjoyed the atmosphere, talking, and the best part drinking some ritas. And, I mean sipping AND enjoying the ritas. The fast paced world that we have been wrapped up in for 2 years now, slowed down and let us enjoy. After we were done eating and drinking (more drinking than eating) we headed into the game. It was great....right to our seats. We didn't have to walk outside and face frosty or anything. Stopped by the concession stand....graped a beer each....and off we went. Then, we noticed some of the Mavs dancers were signing posters and stuff. Wouldn't really care normally, but I thought it would be cute to get them to sign a poster for our boys. I am sure they will love us for that one day. Kyle also got a signed poster...of course. And, they gave us a free DVD. Whatever about the DVD....I just like FREE stuff. :)

Our seats were on the 3rd floor, but the seats were great. We were front row. Didn't have anyone in front of us....just a wide open view. We were enjoying the game. Then, they announced that section 307 had won $10 game cards to Dave and Busters. Guess what section we were in.....307 baby! But even better.....the people next to us said they didn't live in town and wanted to know if we wanted their cards. Hells to the ya.....$40 to Dave and Busters. Enjoyed more of the game......got another beer. Then, they announced that the hat that Kyle has been eyeballing for months now, was on sale just for that night. It was half off. Of course, Kyle had to go get it. Whatever....I was cool with that. The night was just great. Other than the fact that the Mavs lost...BOO.....we had wonderful "date." BUT, just when I thought my special time was over...I wake up this morning to find Kyle in the kitchen making blueberry pancakes. SERIOUSLY......I am such a happy woman at this point!

So, after 10 years of being together.....he still knows how to take me out and have a good time. Date nights are the coolest! :)

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

awww, go kyle!! maybe my husband can learn from him, lol.