Thursday, January 29, 2009

Watch 'Em Like A Hawk

I am starting to get a LITTLE taste of what life with two boys is going to be like. I have decided I can't turn my back on Landry for one second. Yes, he is almost 2 so I know we are about to enter the "terrible two" stage. But, he is just a rowdy little thing....sometimes I think more than normal. Yesterday started out very typical. Everyone up...breakfast time.....get stuff going for the day. Lunch time rolled around so I made some mac and cheese and chicken nuggets for Landry. I feed G-Man and after he was nice and content I put him on his Baby E play mat to get some exerciser (he loves that thing.) So, I figured since Landry was sitting at his table eating and Gavin was happy....I would take a SECOND to run to the bathroom (yes I know...it is sad when you have to take a second to use it.) So, I quickly hurry out of the powder room (hehe...just wanted to use that word) to find Landry on top of Gavin. I couldn't see Gavin's face at this point...just the body of a 2 yr old on him. He wasn't hurting or smashing him....Gavin wasn't even crying. But, as soon as I told Landry to back away from him I saw it......Yep......my son had stuffed a macaroni noodle into the mouth of his 10 week old brother. It was just hanging out. Very hilarious....but at the same time not. I asked Landry what he was doing and he said, "I share Momma!" So cute and innocent. All I could do was laugh. Thank God it was just a mac noodle though. If it would have gone down the hatch (and it didn't) it would have been a lot easier to swallow than the chicken nuggets that were on Landry's plate.

After I tell myself I must watch every little move that kiddo makes, I find myself in the same boat just a few hours later. This time no noodles were involved....no food at all. Gavin was on the couch propped up in his Bobby pillow (he loves that thing too.) I was flipping the laundry in the laundry room. I come out of the room to see Landry feeding his baby brother some milk out of his sippy cup. Holy crap....Gavin has no hope. If Gavin knew how to suck on a sippy cup I am sure he would have gulped it down. Thankfully, he doesn't have that pull down yet.

Part of me is very proud of Landry for starting to learn and use the behavior of sharing. The other part of me is just tired. I am sure I have MANY more stories like these ahead of me. That is what you get for having 2 boys 19 months apart! *sigh*

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

awww. how sweet of big brother to share, but, whew, thank goodness little bit didn't choke!

what a handful! lol. but they are going to be best buds someday.