My boys that is. I mean they are growing up sooooo fast. It tears a little part of me apart to see them grow so quickly. But, then that little tear is stitched up by how proud of them I am. I never thought that reaching milestones would bring a tear to my eye. But, every time one of the boys accomplishes something new, I am overwhelmed with an excitement only a mother can describe.
So, Kyle and I were really excited about Saturday because it was the first time in a while where nobody in the family had any plans. So, we planned on spending the day as a family by going to the Dallas Zoo or Dallas Arboretum. We hadn't decided which one yet, but we knew we wanted to take the boys to be outside. Of course, when we woke up and saw the nasty rain falling, we knew those plans were a wash out. So, we then decided we would do some home improvement things. Landry has had a red, firetruck toddler bed for a long time now. It was my nephew's and he decided to give it over when he grew out of it. It is super cute. But, I think Kyle and I made a bad decision by putting it in Landry's room right when Gavin was born. We were thinking he might be ready for a toddler bed then (19 months) but, after weeks and weeks of trying, Landry acted like the firetruck was nothing but a GREAT toy. You see, we had his crib set up right next to the firetruck bed. We are very big on giving him decisions. To let him have the power to choose makes him a little more confident and excited about tasks. But, in this case, he decided he wanted to hang on to sleeping in his crib, but wanted the firetruck bed to play. So, the times we did try to put him to sleep in the firetruck, he just wanted to play. Bummer.....we messed that one up. But, mind you this was about 6 months ago that we tried "the switch." He obviously wasn't ready, and we didn't want to rush him. But, on Saturday, we decided if we switched his crib into a toddler bed (it converts) and pretended like he got a brand new bed, then maybe we would get him out of the crib. In the past month he has learned to crawl (or should I say jump) out of his crib, and that just scares Mommy. So, we were in desperate need of a switch. So, we converted that thing like a transformer and made a HUGE deal out of it to Landry. He was so excited. The first night he did get up once, and was really scared. But, Sunday night, he slept the whole night. YEAH for Landry. He is no longer a baby in a crib. He is now a TRUE toddler. ;) Here is a pic I managed to capture of him this morning. 
Speaking of growing up, my little man is doing WONDERFUL with the potty training. Now, don't let me fool you, he has had days where I wanted to give up because it was one accident after another. But, I know consistency is the key, and I think we are doing wonderful now. For the past 3 days he has had only 1 accident a day (and it usually involves him being too busy playing to stop and take the time.) The best part about it all is he is VERY MUCH trained to go #2 in the potty. The only accidents we have had are #1's. I would much rather clean that up than the other. I am SO PROUD of my little guy. Mind you, he just turned 2 in April. I think he is ahead of schedule. Sometimes, he even gets a treat for telling me he needs to go and sit. Here is a pic of his melted ice cream cup that turned into milkshake. He insisted that he needed "his shake" while he took care of his "business" (his words.)
Now, moving on to my other little man that I am so extremely proud of. Gavin turned 6 months old yesterday. I can't believe it. Half a year ago, I was in a hospital room so anxious to meet the newest Warner boy. Now, he is my smiling, wiggling, eating, laughing little monster. His great milestone for the week has been sitting. He is now sitting all by himself. Check it out:
Gavin had his 6 month appointment today with Dr Gondol. He is doing super. He measured out to be in the 50% across the board. Growing right on track. She played and laughed with him. Then, it was time for those nasty shots. I have learned the secret with both of my boys and shots. Yes, it hurts them and they both cry. But, if I have some sort of food/bottle ready for them immediately after the "stick" they are ok. That rule was once again in effect today. Gavin gave out the type of cry where I literally have to blow on his face because he holds his breath. But, as soon as he sees the bottle, the world is all ok in his eyes again. My Mom went with me today. I like the times she is available to go. She gives me great support and as a Mom herself, realizes the pain you feel for your baby when they have to go through something dramatic like that. Although, I know it is the best thing to do for them, I dread those dang shot days.
Anyway, we are moving along over here in the Warner household. Now, that the rain has stopped, we will be outside far more than before. I am really excited to see the boys play this summer. Great times to be had. Mommy is pumped about two different TV shows that are about to start. The Bachelorette tonight....yip-eeee. And, So You Think You Can Dance next week.
Big hugs to you all from the Warner Brothers!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Soon they will have facial hair!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
OMG, lol. The potty/shake picture made me laugh out loud! So hilarious. :)
Post a Comment