Friday, December 18, 2009

Cold as ICE!

I am getting worse and worse about updating. I will PROMISE to do better.

OK...so Kyle had Monday off at work. He had to cash in some vacation time before the end of the year or he would lose it. Nice, huh? So he choose Monday (and the WHOLE week next week.) Anyway- so we decided to go as a family to the Gaylord and let the kids check out the atrium full of beautiful Christmas decorations and also venture through the ICE display. FUN stuff!!!! First let me send out a big THANK YOU to my Dad. He has worked at the Gaylord since it opened. So- he has been able to hook us up with some pretty spectaculour things. The best of course being our wedding reception. Yep- be jealous....we sure did have our reception in the beautiful Yellow Rose Ballroom located in the Atrium. Ok- enough bragging....Kyle and I were just reminded of how special that was when we were there on Monday seeing everything again. So- back to this week..... First of all....Landry LOVED the trains. It took some HUGE persauying to get him away from those. I thought we would never move on and have to look at those the whole day. I have included a cute video of him with the trains. He would just run back and forth, back and forth following them. SO FUNNY!!!!


Once we finally got him away from the trains, we went to ICE!!!!! I have never laughed so hard. Kyle and I put on our parkas before we put the boys on. Bad idea. If you have young children you know it is a struggle to get them to cooperate and get dressed "easily." So- we were SWEATING by the time we got them all bundled up. But- the minute we stepped into ICE, it all felt better. It is COLD in there....but AWESOME! This year they did the Grinch theme. It is amazing. Everything is made of Ice. Landry enjoyed it. Gavin was indifferent. He didn't complain, but you could tell that little booger was cold! The best part was "the slide." They have 2 slides made of ice. I told Kyle to head on up there with Landry and we would wait at the bottom and take pictures. I look up and here comes Kyle down the slide. Like a kid.....biggest smile on his face. Goofy guy! But- then it hit me...."Where is Landry?" Kyle said he wanted to go by himself....but he was nowhere to be seen. I told Kyle to get back up there because he was probably scared. Right then I noticed Landry was TRYING to come down the slide. TRYING being the key word. He didn't have enough weight/power to go fast. So- he was going the pace of turtles. HILARIOUS. I happened to catch this video at the very end. Notice toward the end of the video how he TRIES to get his little legs to kick him down faster. Still didn't work....but made for a great laugh and memory!


Here are some other pictures from the day....














And my VERY favorite from the whole day......



Our Christmas Lights Adventure is next.....get ready for the next post! :)

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Oh my gosh, that slide video cracked me up!! So funny!