Monday, February 8, 2010

Rainy days make me L*A*Z*Y!!!!!

*****one HUGE sigh*****

I love this kind of weather....but only when I have NOTHING to do. So I can curl up on the couch with a huge bucket of popcorn (soaked in butter) and watch some sappy chick flick. ***big slap in face**** back to reality though......today is not a day for that.

I have a lot to do. Not until later, but still....I know not to get comfortable on the couch. Landry has tumbling, then he and Gavin are spending the night at Gramma and Papaw's. Why....just because! That is what I LOVE about having both sets of grandparents living in the next town. Because they will randomly call and invite the kids over. Whether it is a Monday, Wednesday, or Saturday.....the boys get to "go" anytime. It is fun!

This weekend was a blast....MUCH NEEDED BLAST!!!! Friday I threw Kyle a mini "surprise" party for his birthday. Nothing huge....but tons of fun. Thanks to my parents (Memaw and Pepaw) for keeping the boys. Kyle and I went to eat at a local Mexican food place on Friday once he got off work. We had happy hour Ritas and some fajitas. It was so nice to talk in adult conversation and not worry about rice being thrown or milk being spilt. After dinner we went bowling. That is when the surprise happened. I had some of his friends at the alley waiting on us. It was great. I love to bowl (although Kyle ALWAYS wins.) Then, we went to our friends Nick and Dina's house. Nick and I talked all week about a little "after-party" from bowling. He had INCREDIBLE snacks (I'm talking sauteed shrimp, sausage stuffed mushrooms, fondue, etc.) Also, Nick provided the drinks and heated up the hot tub. It was fantastic. I wish I would have gotten more pics....but I didn't. Here is the few I did capture at the bowling alley!






Saturday morning my parents took the boys to Bonham to visit my grandmother (their great-grandmother.) What does that mean for Kyle and I.....SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP! We slept until almost 11:00 that morning. Boy- did that feel good. Then, we indulged ourselves in some Ballard Street Cafe. If you have never been to Wylie for Ballard Street Cafe...I HIGHLY suggest you make a trip. This is some good ole' country cooking. Greasy stuff....delicious stuff. Best chicken fried steak. Best breakfast. I went with French Toast and bacon.....Kyle did the chk fried steak thing. YUMMY!!!!!!!! So good! the rest of the day consisted of hanging out as a family. Getting ready for the big bowl on Sunday!

We had friends over Sunday. Kyle and I didn't really care who won. My friend Anne is a DIE HARD Colts fan though. So- secretly I wanted the Saints....but I also wanted her to be happy from the outcome. So- I just enjoyed the commercials. Obviously, Anne didn't get the result she wanted...but it was a good time hanging with everyone anyway. Anne and Brandon have 2 little girls the same age as our little boys. They are always so cute to watch play. Also- I found out one of my good friends is pregnant again with her second. I won't tell you who just yet....but I am very happy for her! :) Here are some pics from yesterday:









and here we are......all that comes to my mind is a classic by a little singing duo named Milli Vanilli....."Blame It On the Rain!"

3 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

I just found out about our friend, too! I'm so excited for her! And that means a baby shower and baby gifts... I love it when my friends get pregnant, LOL!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun filled weekend. Gotta love having awesome grandparents for your kids. It's always nice getting a little alone time to just be a married couple!

Mrs. Pesek said...

Hey Stephanie- A friend was asking me about a DJ- you posted something a few weeks ago about knowing one? Can you email me? my work email is epesek@mesquiteisd.org