Sunday, February 14, 2010

The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in!

Valentine's Day. The day for sweet, romantic "love you's." Chocolates and hearts. Don't know when or how it started.....but it is in excuse for women (mainly) to make their other half show how much they appreciate them. It is kind of silly to me. But whatever.....even though I "pretend" to not think anything of it.....deep down the "mushy" woman side of me comes out and I do like for it to be special. If you would have saw me yesterday around 3:00pm, this is NOT what I would have been writing. I SWORE off V-day yesterday. Last year I had a 12 week old in the hospital with RSV on this so called holiday. This year- my husband and I were just not "getting along." One little argument snowballed into another. It just wasn't a fun day. I was pissy, and started slamming stuff around the house. Decided I would NEVER celebrate Valentine's again. Hated the holiday and everything it stands for. A few hours later I had cooled down a bit. At least enough to talk. Kyle said dinner was ready and this is what I found on the table.........cesar salad, jumbo shrimp, king crab legs, mashed potatoes, T-Bone steak, and cherry cheesecake. Ok...so yes- I decided I better change my mood at that point. I still wasn't having "romantic" feelings, but I was thankful for the delicious dinner.

Then this morning......I wake up to find a box of chocolates, a very sweet card, and a new bottle of Dolce and Gabbana perfume on the table. Now- I feel like a complete jerk. Everything I said and thought about Valentine's Day the day before had been washed away. My husband IS super sweet and DOES really love me. After being reminded of this....I wanted to kick myself. I know I need to appreciate the things I have. And, even though I may be a grump now and then, I need to ALWAYS focus on how many blessings God has given me in my life. My husband and kids (and family) being the BIGGEST!!!!! So sorry for the terrible mood yesterday honey....I Love You!

Today has been good. Church was AWESOME this morning. Ed Young delivered a fantastic sermon. After church we went to our friend Jason and Andrea's house for lunch. It is always a great time with them. We had a feast, and the kids played for a long time. We all had fun and enjoyed each others company. Now we are back home. The boys are taking a nap. I am playing on the computer.

It is also my father-in-laws birthday today. So, Happy Birthday Paul. I just saw an update on Facebook too that a guy I went to high school with (Chris White) and his wife welcomed their first baby into the world this afternoon. I think that is super cool to have a baby on Valentine's Day. What a fantastic present....and a sweet baby girl at that! Congrats to the White's. That is too neat! :)

Well- please enjoy your Valentine's Day. Don't forget to thank the Lord for all your blessings. Love each other like it is your last day with them!

Hugs and Kisses from The Warner's!

0 comments: