My 4 favorite things in life are God, Family, Friends, and FOOD!!!!!!!! I am not one of those shy girls that thinks she should always be eating a salad or chicken breast for every meal. I don't care. I like to eat. So I eat....a lot!!!!! Food is awesome. And, since we are heading to Florida tomorrow (I am sure you are sick of hearing that from me....but can you blame me, I am EXCITED) I was thinking about all the fantastic seafood we are about to devourer. Seafood is one of my all time favs. Lobster, Shrimp, Crab Legs, Calamari, Fish (and chips-yum), and so on. One exception to the seafood rule is Oysters. I don't like them. Especially the raw ones. Yuck- it is like snot going down your throat. Fried I can handle a little bit better, but oysters are definitely never my first or fourth choice. :)
So, since I have been thinking a lot about what kind of seafood I am going to eat (or I guess I should say how much seafood I am going to eat), I started thinking about all my favorite foods. And here my friends is the list of:
STEPHANIE'S FOOD OF CHOICE!!!!!!!!
Mexican Food: Now this is a hard one....I LOVE Mexican. I really don't think I have ever eaten at a Mexican food restaurant and hated it. I am not ashamed....I even like Ponchos (haven't been there in probably a decade...but I remember liking it.) But, I will have to give my Mexican of choice to TUPINAMBAS MEXICAN RESTAURANT in Dallas. The Tupy Tacos are fabulous. It is basically a deep fried taco. How can you go wrong. They are fantastic! Yes please!!!!!!!!!
Margarita: So since we are talking about Mexican Food, let's move right into Margaritas. If you saw my earlier post about things I love in the summer....one of those things is definitely margaritas. And, my absolute favorite has to go to good ole' MI COCINAS MAMBO TAXI!!!!!!! Have two (or four) of these and forget about it!
Italian: Gotta give it to MAGGIANOS. Yum-yum. Here is my fav......Lobster Fettuccine: Lobster Sauteed with Smoked Italian Ham, Sugar Snap Peas, and Tossed in a Lobster Cream Sauce. Oh snap- so good!
Hamburger: Shout out to all my Rockwallians....you know what I am talking about....BOOTS BURGER. For those who haven't had a chance to taste a small piece of heaven....head to Rockwall....you have to. There are no signs or advertising for this place. It is family owned and run out of a shack (literally) in the front yard of a residential home. You better call early, because when they run out of meat patties, the doors lock and windows shut for the day. These spectacular burgers are served in a brown paper sack (that is soaked with grease by the time you get your burger home.) Now that is the way I like my burgers.
***CORRECTION- I do love Boots Burgers, but how could I have forgotten all about the DAIRY-ETTE......brain fart! Their burgers are where it is at, but the root beer is not so shabby either! Shout out to Bob....sorry about that......DAIRY-ETTE rules!!!!
Salad: My girlfriend Neeley got me hooked on this one (thanks NEK).....Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad at CHILIS! Here is a little description of this yumminess: smoked bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, tortilla strips, house-made pico de gallo and ranch dressing. Get in my belly!
Chinese: Although we don't go there often (at all) I would have to say my favorite Chinese dish is from PF CHANGS. Hands down the Crispy Honey Shrimp is the way to go. Perfection!
Steak: And another place we don't go often (only on super special occasions) is THREE FORKS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE their steaks. This place is amazing. Before we had kids, and had money (so we thought), were newly married, and lived life to the fullest, we would eat at 3 Forks. Their Filet is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!! Period...that is all I can say about that!
(now tell me your mouth isn't watering)
Breakfast: BALLARD STREET CAFE. Giving some love to my little town Wylie. This place is packed....all the time....especially in the am. Their breakfast puts IHOP and Dennys to shame. And, they don't give you just one slice of bacon with your thin little waffle. Oh no----here is a typical breakfast......4 HUGE pancakes, 5 slices of bacon, eggs (cooked your way), hashbrowns, and toast OR biscuits. Scarf that down with a big cup of coffee (or 3) and I am ready to come back home and crawl immediately back into bed and hibernate for a while.
Sushi: Give me some raw fish. So good. I haven't had sushi in a long. That was a "before kids, had money" type food also. And, although I can't think of one particular spot that sticks out in my head to have sushi....I will tell you my absolute favorite from a sushi bar. And, most people gag a little when I say this....but bring it on.......UNAGI. And to those of you who are sushi challenged...that means EEL! Yeah buddy...it is so tender and sweet. Can't go wrong.....
Appetizer: Hello CHEESECAKE FACTORY......their Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes are the bomb.com(go ask your mom.) Topped with Sour Cream, Salsa, Avocado and Salsa Verde. I don't like to share these...order your own. 
Dessert: Now we are going to have to re-visit Maggianos. They have the best cheesecake I have ever put in my mouth. It is simple (seasonal fruit tops it off) but it is light, and creamy, and a miracle. I love that stuff.
I am now starving. And, there are many more places/items I haven't included. Like I say, I am a fan of food......
What are your favs?
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are. ~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh Mexican and sushi are my absolute must-have, would-die-without favorites!
Post a Comment