We got back from Florida on Tuesday. What an amazing time. I wish I could share with you EVERYTHING we did, but if I did that, we would be here forever. So- just know we had a GREAT time. We went to the St Petersburg area for 7 days with Kyle's family (mom/dad, and brother and fam.) The weather was gorgeous.....high 80's low 90's for 6 of the days. The last day we were there, it rained, but really that was kind of refreshing after all the sun.
Lots of "firsts" happened:
1) first time for the boys to fly. They did great. Landry sat by the window the whole time and Gavin checked everything and everybody out!
2) first time on the beach for Gavin (Landry went to Galveston when he was 18 months old....so really this is the first time he will "remember" the beach.)
3) first "excursion" for the kids. They had a Pirate Ship Adventure. So cute and so fun! The kids got to have water gun fights, face painting, treasure hunts, watched dolphins, heard stories, dance party, and more. It was cool!
4) I went para sailing for the first time (with Kyle.) Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because they wouldn't allow you to take pictures on the boat. They wanted you to buy theirs. But it was fun. I am very scared of heights, so this was a big accomplishment. I was scared...but once I got up there, I loved it. It was beautiful being 1200 feet in the air. It was so peaceful and it is truly amazing how far the ocean stretches. Our God, is an awesome God!
5) Got our "first" color to our skin for the summer. We came home with pretty good tans. Gavin probably got the best. I kept those kids lathered up with sunscreen. Remember when you were little how dark you turned in the summer? Yep- Gav is going to be my kid that does that. He is now officially a "Surfer Baby." His hair bleached out to blond,blond....his skin got darker, making his eyes bluer. My precious boys!
6) we got our first family photo on the beach while the sun was setting...
It was a great time.....
Friday, May 21, 2010
Sun, Sand Castles, and Swimming
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 5:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment