Sunday, May 9, 2010

Christmas in May

I love my job! I really do. Even though we have some days that are so filled with drama I want to throw up (remember- I work in the cheerleading industry)....I still am extremely lucky to be doing what I am doing. I find so much excitement in coaching and directing the young kids of today. It brings a smile to my face and heart to teach the youngsters everything I know about the sport.

Friday night we had our annual lock-in for the girls up at the studio. Yes- we are crazy to be taking on the challenge of having 20 something teenage (pre-teenage) girls spend the night. We always have a good time though. Pizza, games, movies, etc...you know- the good ole' slumber party type stuff minus the freezing of bras and hand in warm water (hasn't gotten that crazy yet.)

Every year I am amazed by the generosity these teams show. For 3 years now, I have received some of the nicest, coolest gifts from the girls. It is their way of thanking me and I can't tell you how much this means. Here is a little preview of some of the things I have gotten:

Check out the pink and black flops they made me (those are our colors by the way!)


A very warm, completely cool blanket with my name:


Perfumes:


Bath and Body Works Gift Baskets:


A stunning purse/bag (especially for the beach and it just so happens to be I will be on the beach in 2 days.) :)


This is one of my favs...look how adorable this apron is....PRECIOUS!


***Two other "cool" things I forgot to take a picture of.....1) a fantastic tote bag with the letter "S" on the outside 2) a bobble head cheer doll that looked like me...pretty funny!

And I have saved the best part for last......GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE GC'S!!!!! I have gotten some really good ones....Bath Junkie, Starbucks, Manicure/Pedicure, Spa Package, Sonic, Macy's, and more. It is great!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much girls for everything. I had a fantastic time with you this year, and can't wait for the next!


KCDC Lock In 2010

Now- on to the next subject...THE BEACH!!!!!! We leave for Florida in 2 days. I am so excited I can't even think straight. I have got to get us all packed up. I NEED A TAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMMA'S OUT THERE. AND, TO THE MOST FANTASTIC MOTHER ON EARTH, MY MOM BECKY!!!! I LOVE YOU MOM! :)

0 comments: