Thursday, April 29, 2010

From Roughing It to Luxury!

So, sligggghhhttt change of plans for this weekend. Kyle and I decided we were going to take the boys camping for the first time ever. This made Momma Bear very nervous, because I just am not sure how great they would do camping in a tent, on the ground, and that whole thing. We then decided it would be best to probably get a "screened" shelter. These are cheap at most state parks, and I figured at least it has some what of a roof to make the boys feel a little more comfortable (actually I am not real worried about Gavin...it is my older child that we would have to call, should I say, "high maintenance.") Destination has been decided.....we were going to venture out to Lake Bob Sandlin in Pittsburg, TX. As I was poking around on the web to try and find the number to call and reserve a screened shelter for the weekend, I came across this......





AND right next to the pictures it said this..........
$65 Special

One more time....that was this.......




and this.......
$65 Special

HOLY TORPEDO! This lake house (still at Lake Bob Sandlin) is $65 a night right now because of their special (let me interrupt and tell you a screened shelter is $22 a night. Now you tell me screened shelter in the dirt, no bathroom, no kitchen, blah, blah...the list goes on...for $22 or dish out a few more bucks and hit up this house with a bathroom, and nice beds, and backyard, and kitchen....for $65 a night.....hum....no brainer Sherlock!) Next concern was it surely wouldn't be available at this late of notice, right......WRONG!!!! I wrote the owners immediately and immediately she responded saying it was available but they had another family interested. She said first come, first serve though....so all we needed to do was give her a credit card number to pay and sign the rental agreement. Thank God for scanners, because the rental agreement was turned in as quick as we could sign...and YES we beat out the other family. Sorry folks, you snooze, you lose!!!!!

I am STOKED!!!! I know the boys will do great here. Kyle's parents are going to go with us...Happy Early Mothers Day to me and Kyle's Mom Susie! :) I will definitely have some stories and pictures to report back soon. Now, I just have to make it through work tonight and off we go in the morning!

Party Time!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow thats great hope you guys have a blast!!!!