Not really.....there was no crying. Landry's party went so great. So much better than I could ever imagine. We had his 3rd birthday at the Wylie Fire Station. First let me tell you what I loved about this party......we were able to rent the room for FREE. That's right...all I did was call up there and reserve the station....and it was ours. On top of that, the firemen were so helpful. From helping unloading the car, to hanging the pinata, to cleaning (including mopping) the sticky juice and cake filled floor. Incredible.....I loved it!
I had my friend Tracy make the cake. Of course it was absolutely adorable.....
I went to Target and bought "Felix the Fire Engine" books from the $1 area for the kids party favors. I figured they would last a lot longer than the plastic toys that the kids love but the parents hate. 
I drew a Dalmatian dog (I am not a great artist...but I think it turned out ok) and had the kids play "Pin the Tail on the Dalmatian"




We took a tour of the station, an ambulance, a firetruck, and the firemen showed us their uniforms and let us try on their equipment:




Kyle and I bought a firetruck pinata and filled it with more candy than you can imagine. They hung it off the front of the firetruck (which I thought was very cool) and the kids went to town:



We had hot dogs and chips:
Landry got some really great presents (THANKS everyone!)
And of course we had cake.....YUMMY!!!!


And just when we thought all the "coolness" was over and we were packing up to leave....the most exciting thing happened. We heard the alarm and dispatch go off. Everyone looked around at each other like "wow...we are going to get to see them blast out of here." But, then the dispatchers came on the speaker real loud and said, "Attention Attention....we would like to wish Landry Warner a Happy 3rd Birthday today. Thanks for celebrating with us at Fire Station #2!" HOW COOL.....it was so exciting.
Thanks to everyone who came. I'm sorry to those who weren't able to make it. If you are ever needing a birthday party idea...I would HIGHLY recommend something like this. And, a HUGE THANK YOU to the fire fighters at Fire Station #2 Wylie, TX. You guys were amazing!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to.....
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
i love this idea!
WOW so creative, never would have thought about a fire station for a birthday party and my besties hubby is a fireman.
Post a Comment