Last Thursday as I was playing in our backyard with my boys, my mother-in-law called to tell me the Wylie Police were pulling out a dead child's body from a park in Wylie. This park is only about 10 miles from our house, so of course, I freaked out. So many things ran through my mind....what happened? was he over-heated? did somebody kidnap and murder him? how could this be?
The more research I did about this news story...the more shocked I became. This poor little boy (6 years old) to this day is still unidentified. Nobody knows who he is, where he came from, his name, his family, etc. No missing child reports have been filed, so he didn't just "get away" without somebody knowing. Somebody did this to him...somebody that will face God one day! The reports have shown that he had some severe medical problems and was at one point in his life feed through a tube. But, other than that....he is a mystery.
How incredibly sad. This just rips my heart out. This world is a cold, dark place....and I pray for the souls who don't know the Lord and Saviour as their own. I have heard reports that First Baptist Church of Wylie will be paying for a funeral service for this lil angel...so he can be buried the proper way. That is one thing I love about this community. We are small, but we sure pull together in times of need. I believe there is a vigil set up for him this week. Nobody knows who this precious life was, but he deserves the best send off. He is in the arms of his Heavenly Maker now....no more hurt, no more suffering.
RIP lil Wylie Angel.....
The Final Flight
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard his call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I've found that peace at the end of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah, yes, these things too I will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My Life's been full, I savoured much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one' touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.
Author: Unknown
Monday, April 19, 2010
Wylie's Angel
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment