Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blue = Freak Out

Scary, scary, scary! Last night I had to heimlich my sweet baby Gavin. Ahhhhh....I still hate thinking about it. I was in the laundry room flipping our clothes. I had set Gavin up at the table with his favorite fruit in the whole world....a banana. He loves bananas....has at least one a day. So- of course I was thinking nothing of it. I finished up with the clothes and came around the corner to where he was sitting. Thank God I did........I looked at him and noticed he was BLUE! Holy crap......panic set in. He wasn't moving.....just kind of sitting there with a look of desperation on his face. So- I immediately picked him up and started the hiemlich. He has never choked like this before. There was one other time I can recall that I had to do a "mini hiemlich" on him, but he definitely didn't turn blue that time and it was no where as intense as last night. Last night he was CHOKING, the banana was LODGED.

After 3 good "thrusts" the slimy HUGE chunk of banana came flying out. It didn't even bother him. He just got down from his chair and walked into the living room to start playing with some toys. I on the other hand, sat in the dining room floor and cried. My nerves were shot. That scared me to death. I THANK GOD for giving humans the "fight or flight" defense. When panic set in, I knew what to do.....but if it weren't for instinct, I probably would have flipped out a little more.

Gavin is my child that will give me gray hairs before I turn 30 (which is only in a couple of months.) He is nothing like his brother. Landry is very conservative, where as Gavin gets into EVERYTHING. He is curious about EVERYTHING. NOTHING scares him. He is adventurous and will try EVERYTHING. At 12 months old we looked over as we played in the backyard, and he had climbed to the TOP of the jungle gym (a good 10 steps up a ladder.) Nothing holds him back....and that scares me. God Bless that little angel baby. I pray for strength in Kyle and I as we raise this little guy!!!!!!! ***sigh...I am tired***

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Holy CRAP! Drowning and choking are my biggest fears regarding my kids. How scary!!! I would have bawled, too!! It's funny how it didn't faze him, lol. Boys are such... boys. :) Thank GOD he's ok!