I love to read.....love it! Back when I was just a married woman and not a mommy yet I had a lot more time to do it. Who am I kidding, even when I had just one child I seemed to have a lot more time. But, since our house became a place of constant clean up, rowdy males, and never ending laundry AND dishes.....I just haven't been able to sit and enjoy a good novel. I used to be able to sit in the bath tub and enjoy a few chapters. But now if I sit in the bath tub I have two curious little faces peak around the shower curtain wondering "Where is Momma?" Needless to say, any shower time is as quick as possible (I never imagined I could have a shower down to 5 mins.) My other favorite time to indulge in reading was right before bed. I could lay awake for a hour reading easily. Now, anytime I sit still for more than 2.3 seconds...I am OUT!!!!!! One of the results of the extreme tired state I live in!!!!
Reading is one of those things I hated to do as a kid (kind of like how I HATED onions as a kid....now LOVE them.) I didn't mind it too much my pre-teen years. I remember reading some good girl classics like Ramona, Babysitter Club, Matchbox Kids, and I loved Pippi Longstocking. But, as I entered the teens I hated to read. I would do what I could to get by in school, without paying too much attention. Now I pick up a good classic for entertainment. Not to long ago I read To Kill A Mockingbird for the heck of it. Good classic! I don't have a particular type of book that I like either. My favorite author right now is Jodi Picoult. She is creative....I like her style!!!!! She has a little mystery, little romance, and a lot of sarcasm. Like I say, just my style! ;) My other favorite is biographies. And most of the time it is the stupid Hollywood-celebrity-that has let their life spin out of control-stories that interest me more than the political, historical, honorable type person. Then there is the light hearted Nicolas Sparks books. Love 'em. He doesn't put as much mystery and scandal as I like....but it is good if you want a warm the heart type of book. I haven't gotten into the Twlight Series. I told myself I wouldn't (but I bet I don't listen to myself either.)
I finally got to go to the library today BY MYSELF. The kids are awful when I take them. They have 2 little computers in the kid section for little ones to play games and stuff on. So, of course....that is the ONLY place my two want to go. Then one of two things happen......1) they are already taken so we start throwing a fit that we want to play (which results in me grabbing two little hands on each side of me and whipping their butts back into the car so fast) or 2) they get to play, but when it is time to leave same as above happens (which results in the same.) So- I never really get to look and browse. But- since the boys were at school today....I took my time. I got A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown. It is about a lady that basically goes through hell and back with addictions, sex, drugs, etc. One day she runs into somebody that changed her life FOREVER. Now she is a lawyer in San Francisco. True story......I bet it will pull me in!!!!!
What are your favorites?
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Read Baby Read!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Flowers for Algernon is one of my ALL time favorites. :) I love anything by Karin Slaughter. The Shack was good. Sad, but good.
Post a Comment