Friday, July 8, 2011

Random~ness

June 14th was the last day I posted on here. Today is July 8th. Hum....behind much?? So, just to make myself feel better and caught up, I am going back through my calendar and I will let you know what we have been up to. This may be a boring post, but at least I will feel some accomplishment for the day! :)

* MAVS PARADE!!! *
Kyle and I were crazy enough to battle the Mavs parade after they won the NBA title. Oh my word....so much fun! Yes- it was crowded....VERY crowded. Yes- it was hot...sweat dripping down your back hot. Yes- Kyle took the DAY OFF work so we could go celebrate with the rest of Dallas. And Yes- it was a blast. My Mom watched the boys (Thanks Ma.) No way I was getting them out there.....it would have been MISERABLE with them. We rode the Dart train from the Downtown Garland station. Kyle does this everyday for work, so I just followed his every move. We meet up with a co-worker of his (that also took a vacation day)in front of their building. We walked to the West End area and joined the PARTY. I mean there were DJ's rocking some tunes, smiles on every face around, and pure joy down there. When the parade started we were about 7 layers of people back. It really wasn't too bad. I noticed a guy standing on the bumper of a car. I asked if it was his car and if he wouldn't mind sharing...found out it wasn't his car. I at first felt bad...but then I jumped my happy butt on up there too. Sorry to the ones that had their cars stood on, but that is what you get for paying $30 to park "close." Anyway- had great view and got some video. I can't really say "good" video (give me a break...I was balancing on a car bumper, holding a camera, in 100 degree sun, and had the giddy shakes!) :) I am AMAZED and in love with Dallas even more after the parade than ever. The class of the whole city, and especially of the team was top notch. It was just one big party. The players were awesome. My favs were Tyson Chandler (had his 4 yr old sitting on his shoulders the whole way), Shawn Marion's Mom (the lady was a rockin in the back of that float.....do your thing Momma Marion!), and of course Dirk Nowitzki (the pride on that mans face was heart warming!) Great, fun day!!!!!!

* Flick and Float! *
Kyle and I made a special date with Landry, and took him to Wet Zone's (water park in Rowlett) Flick and Float Night. Gavin spent the night at my parents. They have a night once a month, where they blow up a giant movie screen, and show a movie when it gets dark while everyone swims. It was great!!! Landry had a blast and I think felt special to have Mom and Dad all to himself. The movie that night was "Yogi Bear." I have to say.....CUTE movie. I probably enjoyed it just as much as Landry.



* Swimming! *
Went to some of our greatest friends, Jarad and Jana Landin's, for some swimming and grilling. Jared made some boomtastic ribs (IDK...boomtastic....just sounded like a good word to describe the goodness of the meat.) We had a great time hanging out and catching up!!!!

* VBS! *
Landry attended his first Vacation Bible School for 5 nights. He had a blast. It was called Adventure Week at Fellowship Church in Plano. I actually volunteered so I could see all the action. I wasn't the Mom that volunteered in his room just to keep an eye on him. I actually checked the kids into their different classrooms. But, don't think I didn't sneak by and stick my head in every once and a while. ;) Anyway, I am so happy to be raising my kids in an awesome church atmosphere like that of Fellowship's. There is no better present than to teach your kids about the Lord. I feel VERY blessed that both my kids LOVE to go to church and never complain about it. Fellowship is amazing. 58 kids (4yrs-5th grade) accepted Christ that week. TRULY INCREDIBLE!!!!

* New AC! *
We got a new ac unit. EXPENSIVE!!! Nough said....don't really want to talk about it! :/

* Brother! *
My brother and his family came in from Switzerland for 2 weeks. It was great seeing them and hanging out with everyone. Their kids, Will and Riley, grow so much every time we see them. Our kids love them and have such an awesome time when we see them. Some of the things we did while they were here are Rangers game, Gaylord Resort water park, Family Reunion with extended family, Dallas Museum of Art, Movie Night, 4th of July Fish Fry, and the guys built the kids a tree house at my parents. Fun times with the Justice crew. We will see them again around Christmas time! :)



And that my friends, is what I/we have been doing!

0 comments: