Wednesday, November 2, 2011

halloween and WOW!!!!

First, let me talk about Halloween this year (before we get to the REALLY good stuff.) Halloween was super fun with the boys. They are at the perfect age to really "get into it." We went to carnivals, trunk-or-treats, and of course did the whole door-to-door neighborhood style thing. They got sooooo much candy. Yum- Mom is digging having Snickers and Twix bars laying around. My hips and thighs however are cussing at me. Whatever.....get over it legs! :/

Here were the "Brothers":

(Landry (4.5 yrs) = Luigi and Gavin (almost 3) = Mario)

We also went to a "Dead Celebrities" Halloween Party. SO MUCH FUN!!! I was Amelia Earhart. And, although that was a good costume, you have to check this out...............



wait for it............





Yes my friends- that would be my husband as Macho Man Randy Savage. Too much....I cant take it!

OK- so now that Halloween talk is over, lets talk about an incredible story. As many of you know, Kyle and I were robbed about a month ago. Very scary situation (boys and I came home while the "robbing" was going on.) And, anything and everything valuable to us was taken (since then SOME of it has been recovered....everything else is ruled GONE!) I got the lovely idea to write Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, to let him know the situation. Here is my email to him:

Dear Mr Cuban:

This may be a very long shot, but I have always been taught, "It never hurts to try!" I am writing in regards to my husband, Kyle Warner. Kyle is one of the biggest Mavs fans out there along with the rest of the city, state, world! :) He lives, eats, and breaths Maverick basketball. I have never seen the man happier than that wonderful night our Dallas Mavericks took over the NBA Championship. In fact, he did claim that the 4 happiest days of his life were 1) wedding day 2) day our first son was born 3) day our second son was born 4) day the Dallas Mavericks won the Championship. His wedding grooms cake was a Dallas Mavericks cake. My wedding garter for him was Dallas Mavericks. Our engagement photos were us sporting our Dallas Mavericks jerseys proudly. Our little boy's birth announcement was our baby sleeping on top of a team signed basketball that he purchased in 2006. The man has collected all types of memorabilia for some time now. He was able to get a jersey signed by Dirk last year, and it was framed and hung in his office no more than 10 minutes after getting it home. The man bleeds blue for the Mavericks!!!!

Unfortunately, last Friday our home was robbed. The scariest part about the whole situation was myself along with our 2 year old and 4 year old walked in the house as the thieves were still inside. By the grace of God we were able to get out before they harmed us. I just picked up my babies and ran for our lives as fast as possible. We live the small town of Wylie (a very quiet little city), and this happened at 10:30 in the morning. My children and I were returning home from a trip to the grocery store, when this tragic event unfolded. ALL of my husband's Mavs memorabilia is gone. The robbers got every bit of it......Dirk signed jersey, team signed ball, NUMEROUS photos, signed piece of the court he purchased last year, and more. Although Kyle has been fantastic in supporting myself and our boys during this hard time....I know he is devastated that his Mavs possessions are gone. He keeps reminding me that the stuff was just material objects, and his family is safe so that is all that matters. And although this is very true, my heart just breaks for him knowing he lost some of his favorite things. They not only got all the Mavs stuff, but they wiped us clean (TV, computer, safe, jewelry box, all electronics, etc.) The robbers have still not been caught, so we are ruling all our things GONE!!!! {side note: this statement was obviously before they WERE caught}

I don't really know what I am asking for here. But I just wanted to pass this story on and see if there is anything at all that you may be able to do for my loving, caring, unbelievably supportive husband? He deserves so much, and I feel so helpless for him.

I appreciate your time and totally understand if there is nothing you can do. I know there are so many out there that have tragedies and hurt everyday. Our situation, although sad, is minor compared to some others in the world. But, like I say....I thought it was worth a shot to share our story and see if you could help my husband, a MAVS MANIAC, cheer up a little.

Thank you for all you have done not only for the Dallas Mavericks, but for Dallas as a city as well. We were able to attend the parade and I have never seen a classier way to celebrate than that day. You are top notch Mr Cuban, and we appreciate all you have done for our city!!!

Sincerely,
Stephanie Warner


I NEVER expected him to write me back....just thought I would take a chance. To my surprise, about a week later I got an email back from him that read:
"Ms Warner-
Please send me your address. Thank You!"


Just the email itself shocked me and put me on cloud nine. That has been well over 4 weeks ago and we hadn't seen or heard anything. So, Kyle and I both wrote it off. Of course we weren't mad, b/c we never expected anything anyway.

Yesterday we had a note on the door from FedEx stating we weren't home, they tried to deliver something, but they need our signature for pick up. Since I had to work at the gym last night, I told Kyle he may want to go pick it up (note: we are STILL waiting on our insurance to get back to us from the robbery....so we figured it could be some important papers/check from that.) So- Kyle made it to the FedEx store to get the package. Nope- it definitely wasn't insurance information. Kyle- one of the BIGGEST Mavs fan I know- opened the box and found this inside:


A 2011 National Championship Ball signed by every member of the team (along with a copy of my email.) PRICELESS!!!!

Mark Cuban is incredible. SO classy!!! I liked the Mavericks before.....but now I am a true MAVS FAN FOR LIFE!!!! Thank you Cuban!!!!

0 comments: