Friday, February 10, 2012

Flashback Friday....Las Vegas!

I have been jonesing to go to Las Vegas lately (who am I kidding...I have just been jonesing to go ANYWHERE {vacation} lately. I even looked up on Forbes the "most boring cities" out there, and yes- I'm wanting/needing a vacation so bad I would say, "book the flight...we are headed to Aurora, Colo.) :)

{side note....I know you are now curious.... so here ya go! The people say 1) Aurora, Colorado 2) Henderson, Nevada 3) Bakersfield, California 4) Chandler, Arizona 5) North Las Vegas, Nevada 6) Chula Vista, California 7) Hialeah, Florida. Don't get mad at me if one of these places is familiar or dear to heart for you....all information collected from Forbes!} ha!

Moving on....I have been to Las Vegas twice. It is definitely one of my favorite places. It's kind of like New York (also a FAVORITE of mine.) No matter how many times you have been, you never get everything done that you set out for. Kyle and I are really not big gamblers. He will do the occasional "sit down at a blackjack table" as will I at a slot machine. Truly, I just like getting the drinks for "free" {ha}. Mostly, I love Vegas for the lights, the shows, and the food. There are so many cool places to eat, and entertaining shows to discover out there.

My first trip to Vegas was with my brother, his wife Rachel, and Kyle. We went to San Diego first to visit Rachel's brother and wife.....but detoured for a 3 day trip to Vegas. It was a blast. We stayed at New York, New York and the Belliagio. (yes- we switched hotels while we were there...on purpose.) We had a great time with them. The next trip was several months later. We were living in Houston, and long story short...Kyle was told if he closed a certain deal he was working on, we would get an all expensive paid trip to Vegas. You don't tempt Kyle with that type of reward. We were headed to Sin City a week later. :) And by all expense paid trip that is exactly what they meant. EVERYTHING was paid for, even down to Starbucks coffee. Well, except any gambling...but once again, we didn't do much of that anyway. We had a great time. We even brought souvenirs home. And his name was Landry Allen Warner (if you know what I mean.) So, everything that happens in Vegas does NOT stay in Vegas. Sometimes you get surprises you were never expecting! :)

I REALLY would love to head back to Vegas sometime. I would also love to head to New York, Tahoe, Florida, Hawaii, Jamaica, North Carolina, the grocery store WITHOUT kids, Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, Yellowstone, Maui, the bathroom WITHOUT a person under 3 feet tall following, Bora Bora, Chicago, Yosemite, Orlando, Seattle, department store to try on clothes WITHOUT kids, Los Angeles, Nashville, Puerto Rico, Austin, Nicaragua, the kitchen to cook WITHOUT being asked 5 times "is it ready yet", Branson, Tanzania, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, the bank to put $ in instead of taking $ out to pay bills, Switzerland, Hot Springs, Fort Myers, Greece.......OH SORRY- got wrapped up in la la land. :)

FIRST TRIP:

at dinner with my brother Jeff, sis-in-law Rachel, and Kyle


our view from the Belliagio room:


one of the prettiest hotels (in my opinion)


heading out for a night on the town:


in the casino:


my crazy husband rode all 3 rides at the top of the Stratosphere. I HATE heights....in fact it was hard for me to take pictures. (excuse me while I go get some Pepto as I look at them now.) That is Kyle in the front seat dangling God only knows how many feet over Las Vegas......PUKE!


one more of this insanity. He is in the white shirt swinging over the city....BLAH!



Second Trip:

look who we flew first class with (the ear bitter)


one of my favorites:


partying at The Palms:


going to dinner:


a blue man from the Blue Man Group:


I love Vegas:

2 comments:

Kerri Dunsworth said...

I love how you said you would like to go to the grocery store without the kids. ME, TOO!! I went to Walmart today (Adam was home with Noah) and it felt so weird. You forget what it's like to do ANYTHING without kids with you.

URBAN Photography said...

Hey girl! You sound just like me...I am always wanting to go somewhere. There just isn't enough time or $$ to go all the places I'd like to. :) Just wanted to let you know that if you ever want to go to Yellowstone, we live about 45 mins away. You are welcome to stay at my house - I know sometimes trips are only made possible by people who willing to help. You just facebook me or something. :) And Seattle - love it! Go for sure some time.
- Tara (Clawson) Miller