Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pee-pee in the Potty!

Remember the song they sang on "Look Who's Talking" when the little boy finally went to the bathroom.......Pee-pee in the potty....pee-pee in the potty! Anyway, Landry has been really interested in learning more about the potty. He has an Elmo video that he loves to watch about this subject. He has been interested for a while, but never really would ask to go sit on it. Kyle and I didn't want to "rush" him. We felt like when he was ready, he would let us know. For the past week he has been running in the bathroom saying he needs to poop (sorry.....graphic....I know. But we are talking about milestones here people.) But, every time, it was a little too late. Regardless, I was proud of him for realizing what was going on in his body. So, yesterday he did the same thing. I got in there and helped him onto his potty chair. He didn't end up doing the #2, but, he did have little toot, toot, toots. So, I figured he knew he was feeling something. Then, last night before bed....he said he needed to sit on the potty. Sure enough, when Kyle propped him up there, he tinkled. It was exciting (isn't it crazy the things we get excited about as parents?) He was so cute. He was yelling at his "thing" saying, "COME OUT PEE-PEE, COME OUT! Hilarious! Then, when "it" finally happened you should have seen the joy on the child's face. MOMMY, DADDY, I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was awesome. He is still not up yet this morning, but when he wakes, I will put him on there first thing to see if we can get a repeat. Yip-eeeee....I am really close to buying one package less of diapers!

PS.....sorry for the graphic and probably over the top with excitement post. But, that is my baby....growing up before my eyes!

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Lol. Potty time is VERY exciting!! And poop isn't graphic to other parents. We spend our lives dealing with poop, pee, vomit, snot, blood, etc. :)

HURRAY for Landry!! He's so young (especially for a boy)!! How smart he is to already be interested in potty time!! That's VERY impressive!