I am sitting here on my 3rd cup of coffee. I am SO tired. Landry's birthday was this morning. I have had it all planned out for about a month now. We reserved the pavilion and gazebo at the park. Bought food, drinks, ordered the cake, party favors....you know, the whole nine yards. We even borrowed my brother's kids bounce house from them so we could take it to the park also and just make Landry's birthday party even that much more exciting! So throughout the week I have been trying to keep a close eye on the weather. A chance of rain was in the forecast, but I had faith.....after all, this is TX right? But, Evan Andrews, Ron Jackson, Dan Henry, and Pete Delkus were all correct. Woke up this morning, looked out the window, and there it was......RAIN!
Ok....plan B! It is my kiddos birthday, we have been telling him for a month now his party would be at the park, and it is now raining. What can I do.....I am not letting this kid down. So, we did what any desperate parent would do. Moved the furniture out and brought the bounce house in. That's right......we just blew that puppy up in our living room! *GENIUS*! The kids LOVED it. There is nothing like watching joy and excitement on a childs face.
Time for lunch.......we grilled out hot dogs, had chips, and fruit. I just threw a red and white picnic tablecloth down on the patio, and let them enjoy lunch. It was cute to see them all "picnic" together, and I thought it was creative for it to be last minute. After lunch we played some more in the bounce house, opened presents, and ate some cake. Speaking of cake....my friend is amazing! Tracy makes custom cakes that are the CUTEST! I told her I needed a "hot dog" cake and this is what she delivered this morning......
Amazing...it was terrific. The fries were actually sugar cookies and the ketchup/mustard was frosting. If you ever need a custom cake, let me know. Tracy is wonderful!
We got to catch up with friends that we haven't seen in forever. It was a very fun party for it to be switched at last minute. As I am sitting here now typing this, I look outside and see nothing but beautiful sunshine! Go figure! We are waiting for Landry to wake up from his nap so we can go to our second party of the day. A girl that Kyle works with just bought her first home. So, we are going to the house warming party here in a little while. Sure hope this coffee kicks in soon! I look like a walking zombie!
Here are some other good pics from the party:





Saturday, April 18, 2009
When the rain rains you out....bring it inside!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment