Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gone Fish'in

Our family dinner (if you could call it that) time is so jacked up. Since I work in the evenings, I make Kyle his dinner around 4:00. At that time, the boys are hungry. But, what do I do....if I let them just eat a "snack" then they aren't hungry at 5:30 when Kyle gets them home. If I just go ahead and feed them dinner, then they are hungry again right before bed. Since we never get to eat as a family (and this is harder on me than you can probably imagine) it is hard to fix something that everyone enjoys. I will cook at 4, and then keep it warm by putting our oven on the lowest setting possible (150 degrees) and hope it still taste good by the time Kyle gets home. That also puts me eating dinner at 4:30'ish and of course I'm starving again by the time I get home. SIGH......anyway enough about our schedule....I am sure you are bored to tears by now.

My whole point of this post was to share an incredible recipe I made last night. I found it on allrecipes.com. It literally took me 15 minutes to make (that includes prep time.) It is a tilapia dish. I LOVE fish and seafood. Any and Every kind. I would be perfect living by the ocean!!!!!!!!

Here is the greatness:

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt
2 lbs tilapia fillets

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.

2. In a small bowl, mix together the parm cheese, butter, mayo, and lemon juice. Season with basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 mins. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the parm cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more mins or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with fork.

Yum...it was so good.

GONE FISH'IN!!!!!!

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Oh, I love tilapia! I usually just throw chicken or fish into a roasting pan with veggies and season with whatever I have, lol. luckily, it usually turns out ok. :)

i will have to try this!