Spring Break is over already. My how time flies. I really enjoyed having this week off and getting to be with the family every night. We had some much needed relaxing nights together as 4. Some great things happened this week. Let's start with the biggest blessing to this family......
1) Kyle got a raise on Thursday. I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard and I am super proud that my man provides so much to this family. The best part about the raise is he got it for speaking up, and letting management know how he felt. He had the guts to speak for what he thought was right.....and it paid off in the end! He is a great husband to me and father to his kids. I couldn't ask for anything better. Thank you God for providing him to this family. Glory to your name! :)
2) Landry got his 3 year old pictures made. I don't have them in yet, but I will be sure to share as soon as they are in. He did good. It was cute.....we took pictures with his tricycle and 3 balloons attached to the back (hence 3 years old!) I can't wait to have them.
3) I had a Pampered Prego appointment this week. It went well. I am so thankful that the business is doing well. It is helping out every month to have just that little bit extra in the bank account. Once again....Glory to Gods name!
4) I had a garage sale on Friday. I didn't do that well, but then again I didn't have that much. Just some stuff thrown together. We are going to Florida in May with Kyle's family, so I just put that money aside for spending money there. I can't tell you how ready I am to be in the Florida sun and have my toes in the sand. Especially after today!
5) We (the family) went shopping to get stuff to decorate the living room. We just got some new furniture (thank you to Susie...my mother-in-law.) Now- I am by NO MEANS an Interior Designer. I struggle so bad in that department. And, our living room has really had a lack of decorations. But, with the old furniture I could care less. I mean, we still had a couch from college, and some beat up, hand-me-down recliners. One even had a huge rip in it. So, once we got the new nice stuff.....I wanted the room to look better. So, off we went to Hobby Lobby (ps...now Kyle knows why I don't like to take the boys shopping.....they were so loud and I am sure obnoxious to others. To us we just ignore it.) Anyway, Kyle was great. He helped me pick out some simple, but nice wall decorations. We had fun. We also went to Party City to get stuff for Landry's birthday party coming up. I am so pumped about this party. We are having it at the Fire Station. The firemen are giving the kids a tour of the station and the truck. They will get to dress up in the firefighters outfits and play with the sirens and stuff. It should be a blast. And, I can't wait to see the cake my good friend Tracy is going to come up with. She always has a good surprise up her sleeve. After a sandwhich at Firehouse Subs (and we jacked about 15 fire hats for the party there) we were headed home. Here is a few pics of the cute decorations we came up with. It is not much and still a work in progress, but it is something!
the mirror is old, but we painted it to match...everything on the sides is new:

I love these balls.....they each have a different bible verse on them...cute, cute!
6) and finally....we woke up to this this morning.....

seriously Texas...you have got to stop being so bi-polar on me. I don't mind the snow....but after the beautiful 75 degree days we have had lately, I was ready to plant some flowers and pull out my shorts. But, obviously Mother Nature had a different idea. So, we made the best of it. Gavin didn't seem too interested in the snow today. Only lasted about 10 minutes out there. But, Landry and Daddy had fun....they built a snowman. And, surprise, surprise he was decked out in Mavs gear (shocker!)



I decided we should try to make some snow ice cream. But, after getting a huge bowl of snow inside, I realized we didn't have 2 of the 3 ingredients we needed (milk and vanilla.) Sigh.....think quick! We can make snow cones instead!!!! But, the only juice we had was apple juice (I know.....I need to go to the grocery store.) So- I poured some apple juice all over the snow. Even though it looks nasty (yellow snow) Gavin loved it....Landry, not so much!
I know...I know....that is a HUGE bowl of snow (his Daddy hooked him up with that)
Love It!
here are just a few other randoms from this morning:


Although I had a great little vacation, I am ready to get back in the swing of things. Even though they are cute....this is what we got a lot of this week......
W*R*E*S*T*L*I*N*G....
Sometimes it was for fun, but sometimes it was for the dominance of a toy. And funny thing is 9 times out of 10, LITTLE brother comes out on top! :)
Happy Spring (I mean Winter) I mean Spring EVERYONE!!!!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Week in Review
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment