*sigh* After a long day of running around, I just settled down in front of the computer with a large glass of wine. It has been such a fun weekend. The weather has EVERYTHING to do with it. It has been B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L out. Mornings are incredible.....I have been having my morning coffee on the side porch while enjoying the cool breeze. We haven't done a whole lot of anything this weekend, just relaxed. Which is exactly what this family needed. We just got home from my parents not too long ago. We went over there to have dinner in celebration of my birthday. It is official....on Tuesday I will be the big 3-0! THIRTY.....really? How is that even possible....it sounds ridiculous! I just can't believe I am entering another decade. Ya know....last years b-day (#29) was a lot harder on me though. I KNEW it was my last year in the 20's. It wasn't fun or exciting. But, honestly I am digging the 30. I didn't think I would....but something is spunky about it. In a way, it feels like New Years.....a fresh start! I feel pretty good. No- I definitely don't look like I am still young (in my opinion.) I feel I have a constant state of exhaustion expressed on my face. I have found some major wrinkles. My hair is just flat and blah!!!!! But hey- whatever!!!! A lot of those things happen to come from the result of having 2 children. Since they are EVERY BIT worth that stuff....I'll let it slide. After all, I am doing what I love....coaching and still tumbling. I never in my wildest dreams would imagine I would be 30 and still be able to do this.....
The form and technique is no where near what I use to be able to do...but once again WHATEVER!!!! Even though I feel ever bit of 30 in my joints, muscles, bones....I still am young at heart....and that's what matters. Th older I get the more I remember...YOU ARE NEVER PROMISED TOMORROW!!! I have a fantastic husband that has been my Prince Charming! He is also a unbelievable Daddy....those two kiddos LOVE HIM TO PIECES!!!! They are very lucky children to have Kyle as a Father Figure! I am excited for what this year may bring. Who knows what is in store....but I do know, I am going to hold on tight to the ride and enjoy it! :)
So #30 huh? I remember my other "milestone" birthdays like they were all just yesterday. Let's see.....
#13.....rented out the YMCA of Rockwall for a fun night of dancing, food, music, games, swimming, etc. Brooke Josey and myself had a joint party that night. It was a great time and exactly what a 13 year old girl would want to do. The big topic was what guys were coming and who all of us girls had a crush on at the time. "Is (so-and-so)coming to the party?" heheheheehe!!!!!
#16.....driving time...WOOT-WOOT!!! My parents took me and about 20 of my friends (guys and girls) to Trail Dust baby! Oh yeah-----slide time!!!! I remember my parents freaking because the "group" I choose to invite that year were my guy buddies like Tony Arterburn, Nathen Tate, Nathen Schukei. Um- these guys weren't little....they were growing boys that wanted some STEAK!!! Needless to say, I think our bill was pretty outrageous that night (SORRY Mom and Dad....but thanks for a great party!)
#21.....a little background about my birthday. When I was being enrolled in school, the cut off date for grade levels was Sept 1st (I am not sure if it is the same these days.) Picture this....Sept 1st = cut off day & Steph's b-day = Sept 7th. Missed it by 6 days. ha! But, cool thing about that was instead of being the"baby" of the grade....I was the "oldest" of the grade. That was very cool majority of the time. I was one of the first ones driving. It was great! But, not so great when you are turning 21 and you are dating Kyle Warner who doesn't turn 21 until Feb. Just because I was turning 21 didn't mean the crew I hung out with were too.....so they weren't able to tag along with me to bars. Instead, Jared Landin threw me a great birthday party. Good times were had that night....pool, drinks, etc!!
#30.....the story is yet to come. Next Sat (11th) we are headed to Fort Worth. We are going to go for some Ritas and grub at Joe T Garcia's. Then, afterwards we are hitting up Sundance Square and everything it may withhold. ;) At first it started out little, but now we are up to 24 peeps. ANYBODY IS WELCOME TO JOIN US!!! I am so blessed to have so many great friends and family. A follow up blog post will definitely be in order for that story. I'll let ya know!
So friends, raise your glasses to the air......CHEERS to the 30's club!
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. - Georges Clemenceau
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
LOL. Love the 16 picture. So funny! Can't wait to see the pics. My 30th is in March and I'm already FREAKING out. You're handling it SO much better than I will, I'm sure. And I don't think you look a day older than you did in high school. Happy early birthday!!!
You are too sweet Kristin! Thanks so much for the b-day wishes....and please join us on the 11th if you want. Fort Worth will be a rocking town that night! ;)
Post a Comment