Well, it's over! The BIG birthDAY that is. Yesterday, September 7th, 2010, I turned 30 years old. I originally thought I would be upset....but I enjoyed it. I am breathing deeper, living life fuller, and now have the "don't mess with me- I don't give a crap- I am 30" attitude! hehe!
It was a great day! The boys go to Mothers Day Out every Tuesday, so fortunately my b-day fell on a Tues. I was able to ship them off to school and enjoy a day to MYSELF! Spectacular! I first went and got my hair did (grammar...I know....I am 30....go with it.) ;) I am now back to my blondie self. Then- I did some retail therapy. My wonderful boss always gives us a Macy's gift card for special occasions (b-day, Christmas, and end of year.) I have worked for her for 3 years. I have yet to cash in my g.c's. Those came in very handy for my 30th b-day....I got LOTS of new clothes! Hoo-ray! I seriously don't think I have been shopping FOR CLOTHES FOR MYSELF since before the boys were born. It was nice to pamper me, myself, and I!!!!! I did have to work last night...but it is all good! It was a good night and of course I heard "Happy Birthday" every time I turned around. I liked the attention....who wouldn't. Kim (that wonderful boss I was speaking of) got me an A&M t-shirt from the football game she attended last week. I am not an Ag, but my brother is...and I went to school in College Station my first year out of high school. So- I root for the Marroon....WHOOP...go Ags! Also, she gave me another gift card. It was great...she replaced the ones I just spent. I had one other shirt in my hand when checking out at the store. But, I put it back because I didn't want to spend any money...only gift card. So- guess what I can go get now that I have another g.c.? Yep- I hope that cute little blue shirt is in the same spot...I will be back for you!!!!! When I got home from work last night....Landry and Daddy (Gavin was already asleep) gave me my b-day present from them. I LOVE IT! Check them out..........
I can't tell you how long I have needed some new running shoes. But, when your past three years have been spent on buying diapers and formula....shoes take the back burner. So- I was pumped when I saw them. THANK YOU TO THE BOYS I LOVE!!!!!! My brother is AMAZING and sent some goodness my way (let's just say it is green....and you need it to do/buy ANYTHING in this freaking world.) So- thank you Jeff and Rachel (and kids) for the GENEROUS gift. I love ya'll!!!!!
My cute little cheerleaders gave me a big card and a LOT of cookies. I bet I have gained 5 pounds since the b-day celebrations started this past weekend!
My Mom and Dad had us over for a great dinner Sunday. They went to my favorite bakery (Donuts by George) in Garland and picked up some cupcakes, petite fors (sp?), and cookies. Yum- I LOVE this place. I have been getting donuts, cakes, etc there since I was tiny...like 2 yrs old tiny! Here is what was left of the yumminess after dinner on Sunday (but today being Wed....they are GONE...oink, oink!)
The first day of being 30 went great! I am so excited about Saturday. We are tearing up Fort Worth ya'll! :)
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 5:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment