Friday, September 17, 2010

Festivals.....

My favorite time of year is here! FALL!!!!!! There is so much about this great season that I love. The weather cools down (OK- we haven't gotten that wish yet, but hopefully soon.) Nothing better than having a clean, fresh smelling house with the windows open and a cool, Fall breeze blowing through. Ahhhh- I CAN'T WAIT for that. Football & Food. Call me crazy, but I link football to some great tasting food. Probably because every Sunday in this house, we have some type of total veg-out food while watching the games all day. Kyle is happy because he watches pigskin....and I am happy because I chow down. Some of my favorites for Sunday Football are Frito Chili Pies, grilled out {insert any meat here}, big pot of Tortilla Soup, and Fajitas. Love them all.

One of the BIGGEST reasons I adore Fall is the Fall Festivals/Carnivals. There are so many things that go on around the community...it seems there is always something to do. And, since festivals are kid friendly/adult entertaining we enjoy them. I got my Connection Magazine in the mail the other day which listed a bunch of different festivals and events going on around the area. If you haven't seen this spectacular list....I'm here to hook you up! We are going to try and attend majority of these!!!!

Weekend of Sept 18-19th:
***St Anthony Fall Fest...Wylie TX
$1...games, food, bounce house, vendors, live entertainment. (this is walking distance from my house)
***Grapefest...Grapevine, TX
(don't plan on going this year...but we went last year for Girls Night Out and it was a blast)
***Oktoberfest...Addison, TX
$5....food, beverages, entertainment
***Plano Balloon Festival
$5.....hot air balloon launches, food, kid zone, entertainment, vendors.
THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN FIND THE WARNERS ON SATURDAY NIGHT THIS YEAR! :)

Weekend of Sept 25-26th:
Texas State Fair...Dallas TX
OPENS ON Sept 24th.....enough said!
Murphy Maize Days....Murphy, TX
FREE admission.....fun run, live music, food, fireworks, kids zone

Saturday, Oct 9th
Sachse Fall Fest...Sachse, TX
FREE admission.....food, contests, games, car show, vendors, live entertainment, and pageant.

Thursday, Oct 28th
Boo on Ballard....Wylie, TX
FREE.....LOVE THIS EVENT! I have already taken off work so I could go with the family this year. Downtown Wylie shuts the square off for some good fun. Every store let's the kids trick-or-treat and they have prizes for all the kids. Plus there is music, food, bounce houses, games, etc. It is FUN....especially because EVERYTHING is free. AND....this also is walking distance for us...so instead of fighting the parking....we poor a cold adult beverage in a to go cup, get the kids in their costumes, and head out. If anybody would like to join us this year...feel free. It is a good time! :)

Happy Festival-ing!

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

OMG! thanks for posting this! I may run into your guys at some of these things!

akeller047 said...

dont forget spa week is coming up