ME + COOL WEATHER + WINDOWS OPEN + PUMPKIN SPICE CANDLE + SUNDAY FOOTBALL + FRITO CHILI PIES = LLLLLLLOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Today has been great. No- I take that back....this WHOLE WEEKEND has been GREAT!!!! I have been feeling very beat down lately. Busy....chaotic....out of luck! No sleep, no time! Just crazy, exhausted, hopeless! But, this weekend has given me a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively.) The boys were very well behaved this weekend. We had a rough week (Mon-Fri.) I know a lot of it is my fault. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in a daily schedule, that I forget to sit back and enjoy the time I have with my boys at home. I get so focused on what needs to be cooked, cleaned, done...that I forget to enjoy memorable moments with my kids. The difference in their behavior from when they get full attention from me versus sidelined attention is incredible. Just as I don't have time to "play", they don't have time for me too be busy. The weather was beautiful. Every window in the house wide open....the cool breeze blowing the curtains back. Kids running in and out because we can keep the doors open. The giggles and smiles that come across my two beautiful boys faces because they can play and not be extremely hot 1 minute later. The pumpkin spice candle I have surrounding our house. Fall is pumpkin to me. I dig anything and everything pumpkin. I think I am the "Pumpkin Gump" to Fall as Bubba Gump is to Shrimp. Seriously name a pumpkin item...I LOVE it. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin soup, pumpkin smells, etc. I saw a recipe for a Pumpkin Parfait that I must try. Pumpkin is my thing. Everything about this weekend is what I wish for every weekend. It was...well....PERFECT!!!!
Saturday: I was supposed to have a Garage Sale at the studio with the All-Star Cheerleaders on Saturday morning. Landry also had a T-Ball game. Of course, mother nature had a different plan. When I woke up to lightning and a steady down pour of rain...I breathed a sigh of relief. It's not that I didn't want to participate in these activities...but I needed to sleep in. The rain made the boys snooze a little longer. So- nobody around here was quick to move. It turned into a VERY lazy morning....which is exactly what I (and we) needed. We told the boys when they woke up from their naps we would take them to Murphy Maize Days which is basically a Fall Festival held in Murphy. They got very excited and did as told...went to bed! Huh...amazing! :) I went to check the directions once the kids were up, and at the very top of the website read "MAIZE DAYS CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS!" Oh great.....most of you know once you tell a 3 year old something, you better do it. Had to think quick. I remembered that McKinney had their Oktoberfest going on in Downtown McKinney. The boys don't know the difference...McKinney..Murphy.....it's all the same! So- loaded up the car and off we went. The night didn't turn out quite the way we wanted. It would have been GREAT for Kyle and I...but having the boys was a little harder. It was packed. They had great beer and food selections, but not much for the kids. Although they did have a CUTE petting zoo. We didn't go "in" because it was very crowded...but we stood at the fence and saw (and even petted) a few that way.
CUTEST baby donkey ever......look at this little guy! I'm talking right out of the Nativity Set....precious!
Oktoberfest...wasn't bad at all. But, not my first choice with the kids. We were all starving by the time we left. We decided to hit up good 'ole Cici's. The boys are both FREE (under 3...shh, Landry is 3.5) and we were only $3.99 because of their Anniversary Special going on right now. So the whole family ate pizza buffet for $8.00. Can't complain about that!!!!!
Sunday: Well, that is today and today has been super. Started out at church and heard an AMAZING message by Pace Hartfield. He spoke about patience today. Oh boy- that message was written just for me. ;) Pace talked about obedience to the Lord!!!! It was just an outstanding service and way to start a day. Then it just got better. Relaxing, cool weather, windo......well, I'll stop there....you read all about it in the first paragraph. You know my strong feelings....I am in love!!!!
Here are a few shots of the boys playing together ALL weekend. It is the best...they really are like best friends. They do everything together around here. I looked up just a few short hours ago, and this is what Landry looked like.....
Mud all over the hands and a little on the face. Wonder what he was up to?
THIS is what he as up to.....
Painting his brother's face with mud was what he was up to! Oh my! And, Gavin just goes with whatever. He doesn't mind anything. *Sigh*
Here are a few others. Notice the boots on Landry. He HASN'T taken them off ALL weekend. He even insisted on wearing them to church this morning with his shorts. Yep- we let him! This all started from the simple question of "What do you want to be for Halloween?" Landry saw his boots sitting there and immediately decided Woody (Toy Story.) Then- he proceeded to tell me I had to be Jessey, Daddy had to be Buzz (ha- we will see), and Gavin had to be....WAIT FOR IT.....Slinky Dog. bahaahaa!!!! I can see it now. And, funny thing is remember my statement, "Gavin will go with anything".....now apply it to the Slinky Dog! We will see...I think it sounds like a pretty good idea if I do say so myself! :)
ENJOY!!!!!
Playing on the porch while it was raining. Sidewalk chalk in hand, only half clothed, but of course shoes are a necessity.
Same thing...but this time AFTER we have gotten ready for bed!
Ready for bath after the mud incident!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
It's a Simple Equation!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
i loved this weekend, too!! SOOO great!
Post a Comment