Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Girls Road Trips are a MUST.....

Hello blogger world! It has been a while. Thanksgiving came and went and I never even got around to wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a great holiday, got to spend time with loved ones, and ate until your tummies busted. I do believe I gained 10 lbs myself from all the fabulous eats and treats.

I just got back on Sunday from a short, but very much needed Girls Trip to Hot Springs, AR with two of the funnest ladies on this planet. My roommate from college, Neeley, and one of her great friends from high school that I have known for years now, Bridgett, packed our bags and hit the road on Black Friday. Instead of shopping....we went on vacation. I do want to thank my fantastic husband for giving me the time to be with friends and out of "Mommy World" for the weekend. I love my boys to the earth's end and back....but every now and then, I need to step away from them and let loose. Have some fun! And FUN is exactly what we had.

I had never been to Hot Springs before...so I was pumped. Although it is not much of a "party" town, it is exactly what all three of us ladies needed. I am a FULL TIME Mommy, Neeley works like 60 hrs a week (or something crazy like that), and Bridgett is a RT (Respiratory Therapist) at Children's Medical (yes- we did get to see her lovely face when Gavin got so sick...and she helped me through it!) ;) So- we were three worn down, tired, stressed women on a mission. Mission was to be as STRESS FREE and relaxed as possible. Mission was completed. We had NO time agenda, no schedule, nobody telling us what to do. No Mommy I need milk, No Bridgett you are needed on the 10th floor for a ventilator, No Neeley you are needed for everything in the company. It was PERFECT!!!!!!

The drive to Hot Springs was only 4.5 hrs. Not bad at all. And when you have the company of your girlfriends....it seems like nothing. As you can imagine we ended up with a million "inside" jokes from the weekend. We had happy hour, went window shopping, got massages, had some wonderful seafood (thank you Fisherman's Wharf), and went out for a night on the town. Seriously- the nightlife there is not the best...but you better believe us 3 Texas girls MADE the bar fun that night. We knew everyone by the time we left. Our bartender, Donna, became our best friend and was more than generous in serving us. ;) The band lead singer just started doing his songs right behind us (because we are crazy and would sing along *LOUD* with everything they played.) And for the DJ....well, we had to introduce him to some new rap songs....but he cooperated and downloaded them right away for our dancing entertainment.

Our cabin ROCKED. It was a little efficiency that was perfect for us three. The trees were huge and beautiful.....the weather delightful!!!!!

By the time we left....we decided a trip MUST be planned at least once a year. I am very much rejuvenated and refreshed. Thank you Neeley and Bridgett for bringing my sanity back to me!!!! GREAT TIMES LADIES!!!!

From our cottage right over Lake Hamilton!


the beautiful trees...




Cabin #3...our home for the weekend!



the Hot Springs...beautiful!



Bridgett with Katie Bell the pink poodle from a Sassy little boutique


Going out with a bang the night before we left (with Donna our bartender) :)

0 comments: