Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodbye Ten...Hello Snake Eyes!!!!

The end is near. 2010 has come and gone. I can't even believe this year is complete. As we do every year, we were hoping 2010 would bring us lots of love, happiness, and wealth. I have to admit...I can't really say 2010 fulfilled any of those promises for me. Well- let me take that back.....the love is here!!! I LOVE my husband, boys, family, friends. The happiness.....well it is here most of the time. But, like any human being....we definitely have rough times/days/weeks. It seemed to me that a lot of those appeared in 2010. A lot of battling the storm. And the wealth, huh, well....let's move on and talk about 2011. Maybe 2011 will bring some of that.

I am pumped for a new year. I always am. Of course I have the dictionary sized list of all the things I am going to "do" or "commit" to in the new year. I love having that feeling....feeling of refreshment and new chance. I think this year I am going to go with the "smaller" and more realistic goals. I ALWAYS make the "I'm going to work out" statement...yada, yada!!! We all do it....and if you say you haven't ever you are lying. ;) just kidding! But- I am taking a new approach. Small goals.....some may be very silly or petty....but hey, a goal is a goal. And, if the goal has been achieved, the goal is a SUCCESS!!!!

* I am going to drink at least 64 oz of water a day. I HATE water...so this is going to be hard. But, I figure....if that is the recommended amount...I can do it. I have been feeling signs of dehydration lately. It doesn't help that I am a caffeine ADDICT. I got a Keurig for Christmas...I have been living on that thing. If I don't choose coffee, my next selection is iced tea. So- instead of punishing myself and not giving my need for caffeine its fill...I am going to balance it out with all the water I am going to be drinking. I bet my toilet paper bill will double...because I bet I will be one peeing machine (too much?.....sorry!)

* I am going to invite more people to church. Our church is amazing.....we love it! The music is rocking, the message is so understandable. The people are so friendly, and they always have something bigger and better going on. Our Christmas Service was in 3-D for crying out loud. How legit is that? So- I am going to invite more of our friends to join us for a great experience. This is something so easy to do, and something that I have thought about before. But, now I am going to do it. So- if you want to come along one Sunday, please let me know. And, yes- get ready for an invitation...I will be knocking on your door next! ;)

* I am going to take better care of myself. Attention all Mommas....you will sooooo hear me on this one. Ever since I had children, slowly....day by day....I start losing sight on how I look. From the minute I wake up I hear, "Mommy I'm hungry...what's for breakfast!" If that is how the day starts off....just imagine there is never a free moment. By the time I eat lunch (if I eat at all) it is 3'ish. Then I get ready for work. Although I cook the boys and Kyle something for dinner, I typically don't eat it. By the time I get home from work at 9 or 10'ish....I'm not really in the mood for a big dinner. I almost always choose the easy way out and grab a bowl of cereal or something. So- although I LOVE to eat....my diet is not the greatest. Not to mention my face could use an occasionally moisturizer, eye brow pluck, facial. Hair could use more than just a wash and comb everyday. Toenails.....yeah- they could use a fresh coat of paint from myself (or somebody else) every once and a while. So- when I say "take better care of myself".....do you now see what I am saying????

* I am going to read at least one book a month. I LOVE to read. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! Finding the time to read is the problem. I have been off work for the past two weeks....so my little (uh hem...big) butt has done a lot of camping out on the couch, curled up with a blanket and book. I like all kinds of stuff. My very favorite is true stories. I hit it big at the library here in Wylie. We are about to get a new library/fitness center in March. I took the boys to the current library last week and they told us to check out as many books as we would like. They are shutting their doors Dec 31st...tomorrow....and won't be opening back up until after the move to the new building. Therefore, they are letting all check outs stay gone until April 1, 2011. I was so excited. I literally checked out about 20 books. Some were for some other family members....but I got more than what I can probably read. But, I figured if I had the deadline of April 1st...I would read as many as I could....kind of like a motivation!!!! So- here is to a bubble bath and a good book!

* I am going to send you a birthday card!! :) Everyone loves when they get birthday cards...right? It is just the idea that somebody thought about you on your special day. So- I am going to do my best to send my family and friends birthday cards...all of you!!!!! Let's see how long this lasts......it might turn into birthday EMAIL (haha...that would be just as nice, right?)

I can do this....if I have to look at my post everyday to remind myself of my ideas for 2011....I will! No matter what you are making your resolutions to be this year....I wish you all the strength in the world! Here is to a new beginning.....CHEERS FRIENDS!!! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

0 comments: