I remember so clearly the feeling I was overwhelmed with when Kyle and I found out we were expecting our first baby. It was a complete surprise.....unexpected and blindsiding. The roller coaster waves of emotions....shocked, scared, thrilled, nervous, challenging, immediate love. And those exact same emotions resurfaced when we found out we were having a Landry Allen Warner. A little boy! Daddy's mini me. Sports, Bugs, Camping, Fishing and everything else that little boys are made of. The miracle of a human being growing inside you for 9 months. The bond and unconditional love you have for a precious soul that you have never meet. It is a feeling like no other.
Then, just 9 short months after Landry arrived, Kyle and I experienced the exact same feelings once again. This time it was totally planned. We wanted to have our kids close in age. We found out on Easter morning that Landry was going to be a big brother. Surprise or not...I can guarantee you the feelings are just as strong. You don't love the first one more or less.....it is an EQUALLY exciting time. Going in to find out the sex of baby #2...now that was crazy. Of course we thought about a girl. Would have been super cool to have one. But, before that doctor appointment Kyle kept telling me he wanted two little boys to grow up together. He wanted wrestling matches, farting competitions, and creek adventures. He wanted "THE WARNER BROTHERS." I remember the ultrasound. The sonographer was going to do all measurements and make sure baby was healthy FIRST. Then we would get to the sex. But-having just had a boy and knowing EXACTLY what that little "thing" looked like on the screen....she couldn't put it past me. I was the first that saw it...and of course blurted out, "It is another BOY!" The sonographer stopped in her tracks...went to check.....and confirmed it. I looked at Kyle, and with tears in his eyes....he said he got his "Warner Bros." 
Those feelings just don't "go away." I have never felt a deeper love than the one of being a Mommy. Children are a privilege....not a punishment. As I was surfing the Internet this afternoon I ran across TWO news articles that literally made (and are still making) me sick to my stomach. The throw up type of feeling. Let me share with you the two articles on Fox 4 News this morning:
Story #1:
Dad Allegedly Abandoned Injured Kids after Crash
DALLAS - A Dallas father abandoned his three children after crashing the family sport utility vehicle late Thursday and fleeing the scene, Dallas police said.
The incident happened at about 10:45 p.m. in two locations in the Pleasant Grove area of the city. According to investigators, Dallas-Fire Rescue responded to 4400 Lawnview Ave., where they found a 5-year-old girl in the roadway and being tended to by neighbors.
At the same time, fire-rescue was also called to Parkdale Park at Lawnview Avenue and Military Parkway, where they discovered the wrecked SUV and two boys, ages 6 and 9. The older child was unharmed but the younger boy suffered major head lacerations.
Both the 6-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl were transported to Children's Medical Center and were listed in critical condition on Friday morning. The 9-year-old was also transported for observation.
Investigators said the unidentified father had been driving south on Lawnview when his SUV sideswiped a utility pole, ejecting the girl. The man did not stop the vehicle, police said.
Neighbor Tina Medina, who comforted the girl while paramedics arrived, said the child was crying and terrified.
"She was alone and just imagine being 5 years old and being in the middle of the street with strangers," Medina said. "She said her dad left her."
The father drove to the park and abandoned the vehicle and the two boys, police said. He fled on foot, taking his 1-year-old daughter with him, they said.
The man then went to the nearby home of his mother or mother-in-law, dropped off the girl and fled with a friend, police said.
According to police, the 9-year-old boy told officers that his father had been drinking heavily before he got behind the wheel.
Police have filed two charges of Injury to a Child and one charge of Child Abandonment against the man.
He remained at large.
Story #2:
Emily McDonald Pleads Not Guilty to Putting Feces in Kids Feeding Tube
Austin, TX - Emily McDonald was back in court Friday as her attorneys tried to get the indictments against her quashed.
McDonald is accused of poisoning her daughter's catheter with feces in 2009 at Dell Children's Hospital. According to court papers filed at the time of her arrest, McDonald's daughter had been hospitalized for serious infections caused by bacteria commonly found in feces. Hospital staff placed cameras in the child's room based on that information. Police say the cameras caught McDonald taking fecal matter from a diaper and placing it on the cap of a tube with a direct link to the girl's bloodstream.
McDonald's attorneys motioned to have the 2 counts of felony injury to a child dismissed because the prosecutors weren't specific enough in their details about how she caused 'serious bodily injury' and what medical device she placed the feces in.
Judge Julie Kocurek denied both motions and arraigned McDonald.
McDonald had her bond revoked in July when she violated the terms after a CPS worker found McDonald with a 3-year-old at the place she was staying.
McDonald plead not guilty to the felony counts and Judge Kocurek set a date to begin the trial for January 10
Are you kidding me? My heart just breaks in half for these poor children that don't have any chance. They have done NOTHING wrong. Their parents (who don't even deserve that title) are in a dark place. All we can do is PRAY PRAY PRAY that these children will one day know what unconditional love is. To be called a Mommy is probably the proudest title I have ever been labeled. I just don't see how selfish adults that have had the experience of bringing a true miracle into this world, could ever do such a thing to their children. I know it happens all the time....but these two stories are just devastating.
Dear Almighty Lord...Our Savior:
Please watch over these precious individuals, for they have done no wrong. I pray for the children involved in the car wreck....that you will comfort and protect them. Please place your healing hand on their injuries and on their lives. Please watch over them and help them recover. God speed for these children. And for the little girl who's mother destroyed her life, emotionally and physically, I pray for comfort and love. This little girl needs to know you are her everything. Her hope and future. Thank you Lord for your ultimate gift. For we deserve nothing...but you have given us everything!!!!
**Stop what you are doing and go give your kids a hug. Some children don't have that luxury of having a hero. Our kids are what we raise them to be!***
Friday, November 12, 2010
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a Reward" Psalms 127:3
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
OMG! That broke my heart into a million pieces. I could never abandon my kids in ANY situation. I'd die first. UGH! Those poor babies. Can you imagine the emotional scars that will leave?!
How sad! Some people should NEVER be able to have kids! I completely teared up though when I read your sweet words for your boys! Definitely blessed to have you two as parents :)
Post a Comment