Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 2

It is time for Day #2 of Blast from the Past movies. Yesterday I posted about Savannah Smiles...and I am pleased to announce many people do remember that show and enjoyed it just as much as myself. So- moving on to today's movie.

Let's see if you can guess this all time classic and VERY MUCH a FAVORITE when I was a child. I am going to give you a few hints....let's see what you come up with!!!

* Boo to the Red Feathers!
* Do the FREDDIE!
* You never give me credit for anything I do.....that's because you never do anything!
* Patches....We don't need no stinkin' patches!
* You can't put wine in Hobo stew.....Why not, what goes better with Hobos than wine?

I'll give you a minute..............




YEP- you guessed it....TROOP BEVERLY HILLS!!!!! Oh my goodness....LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this movie! Watched it a lot. So much that my brother still knows the songs and quotes and I can assure you he NEVER sat down to watch it with me. It was just on so much!

I always choose a different character I wanted to be each time I watched it. Then- I would act just like that girl and say all her lines through out the movie. Anybody with me there?

Who better than Shelley Long to play the part of Phyllis.....Seriously, that lady was a hoot in this movie! Cookie Time, Beverly Hills What a Thrill....I mean come on....that is some good stuff!

Description
Shelley Long discovers that when the going gets tough, the tough go camping in Troop Beverly Hills, a comedy about lifestyles of the rich and outrageous. Flamboyantly wealthy Phyllis Nefler (Long) has everything money can buy--a drop-dead Beverly Hills mansion, a classic Rolls, furs, jewelry and designer gowns. The one thing she doesn't have is her husband Freddy (Craig T. Nelson), who's leaving her for good. Maybe. Determined to prove she's still the creative, energetic woman Freddy once loved, Phyllis throws luxury to the wind and becomes leader of her daughter's Wilderness Girls troop. But how much can this chic cookie take before she crumbles? Is saving her marriage really worth trading Gucci bags for sleeping bags-–not to mention actually touching bugs? Featuring cameos by Robin Leach, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Pia Zadora, Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello, Dr. Joyce Brothers, and Cheech Marin, Shelley Long blazes new comic trails in this hilarious trial-by-campfire that leaves the wilderness wilder than ever.


I have to thank my brother and sister-in-law, Rachel, for one of the coolest presents. They gave me the DVD of Troop Beverly Hills a couple of years ago at Christmas. I have been able to watch it here and there over the past couple years, and YES...I still can quote the movie!!!! BEVERLY HILLS....WHAT A THRILL!!!!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's hit movie from our childhood years. But, for today....enjoy some cookies!

0 comments: