Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oops...

Ok- so I had all intentions of doing this really cool Top 10 Movies from my childhood. But, LIFE happened. We have been busy the past several days. The weekend hit and we had a lot to do. I realize I am 4 days behind now. So- I apologize for not having a really spunky write up for each and every one of my favorites. But- I am going to have to do a crash course and give you the rest of my list now. The boys are at school right now, meaning the house is very quiet. Once they are back home, I am not sure if I will get time to share. So here we go:

Day 4....
GREASE! Loved this musical. Watched it so many times. *Disclamer* my Mom wanted me to make sure everybody knows that she only let me watch the EDITED version when I was growing up. ;) Who didn't want to be Sandy and Danny? Or a Pink Lady? I still love this movie......I also like to see this movie performed live on a stage. GREASE never gets old.


Day 5.......
When you were growng up as a kid....would you have done anything to live by yourself with no rules? Have a horse for a pet? Have the coolest red hair that were always worn in extended piggy tails? Ladies- you all know who I am talking about...
PIPPI LONGSTOCKING!!!!
I loved this movie. It was so silly...but I remember watching it a lot. I was even Pippi for Halloween one year. She was just a cool, fun chick!!! You go Pippi!


Day 6.....
When I say Back to the ________....what do you think of? Yes- most of you now have, "McFly, anybody home" in your head! But- my Back to the _________ was different. For some reason (still don't know why) I LOVED this next movie!!!!
BACK TO THE BEACH!!!!
Some of you have probably never seen it much less heard of it. But, yes....it is a real movie. If you have seen it...good for you! It is COMPLETELY cheesy, and completely over rated. But- I did love it. If you have never watched Back to the Beach and you have time to kill one day, you may want to check it out. There are some pretty funny parts.


Day 7....
Back to the musicals. Another little red headed girl caught my heart. This time it wasn't Pippi Longstocking. Nope- I am talking about the good ole' orphan ANNIE!!!! Who doesn't love Annie? This is a true classic. Once again...I love seeing any version of this movie whether it be a remake, a high school production, or a professional musical! Sweet, sweet movie!


Day 8....
HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS. Who remembers this one? Totally random, but totally a kid catcher. Could you imagine living with a huge, scary looking monster named Harry? I mean really....how crazy can we get here? But, for some reason I really liked this movie. Wasn't always the first choice for the VCR, but it definitely got a fair share of playing time!


Day 9.....
Now and Laters, Gobstoppers, Nerds.....can anybody guess the next film? Yep- WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY! Before we continue, let's get one thing straight...I am talking about the old school Willy (Gene Wilder.) Not the new day CREEPY Willy (Johnny Depp.) My sister-in-law, Michelle, and I went to see that version in the theaters when it came out several years back and WOW!!! FREAKY!!!! No thank you Mr Depp....I will stick to the classic. I loved everything about this movie....Oompa Loopas, Augustus Gloop, Veruka Salt, Scrumdiddylumptious, and so on. Just a great film all about imagination. Props to Willy!!!!


Day 10.....
Last but certainly not least. This movie was a little after my childhood years. It really was more teenager time for me. But, I LOVED this movie so much. Still do...I watched it just the other day on CMT! As most of you know...I love country music. So-you put the KING of country in a country movie, and you simply get
PURE COUNTRY!!!!
George Strait is the man. I can quote this movie forward and backwards, and sing every word to every song. Absolutely intriqued by this film. A love story about some good 'ole country boys and girls. That is all there was to it. I recently heard they are coming out with a Pure Country 2. Don't know if I even want to see it. Surely it can't be as good as the original. Let's not ruin a great thing Mr Strait!!!!


That is it. My list of favorites. I am sure some of them are very familiar and known. Others may be strange, weird, and unknown. But- that is what I watched growing up. All 10 of these many, many times!!!!

Here are my "Runners Up."
Neverending Story
Karate Kid
Back to the Future
Dark Crystal
Flight of the Navigator

Any of those ring a bell?

1 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Flight of the Navigator was my absolute FAVORITE! I bopught it a couple of years ago "for Trenton" ::wink, wink::

I loved Harry and the Henderson's, too. I'd forgotten about that one. Secret of Nyhm (sp?) was one I wanted to watch daily, too. And, no lie, the cat from outer space, LOL. I told my parents once that I loved them ALMOST as much as I love that cat, hahahahaha!