Landry's 4th birthday is coming up in April. It will be here before we know it. I have been planning his party today and working on getting some things arranged. It still blows my mind that I have an almost 4 year old. Some days I just think there is no way possible that my cute, polite, shy, little boy joined us 4 years ago. Other days I feel like he has been around a LOT longer than 4 years....those are the challenging, independent, attitude days. :)
I absolutely love planning birthday parties. I realize to some this is an annoying task. Something they just have to do because it is their child's birthday. Some want to get the party over and done with. Not me, I LOVE parties. I love seeing themes and decorations. Cakes and party favors. It is just exciting to me. We have been to some really cool parties. Both the boys had a themed 1st birthday at the house. Landry's was a Luau. Super fun. We had leis and sandboxes. Had pulled pork sandwiches and Hawaiian pizza to eat. Hawaiian Punch and tropical adult beverages with little umbrellas were the beverages. Gavin's 1st birthday was a Western theme. Everyone dressed in their best country attire. We had Frito Chili Pies and Sweet Tea. The kids were all sent home with a bandanna full of Trail Mix for a favor.
One of my favorite things to see is the babies turning 1 smashing their little faces into the cake. I have seen some barely nibble, some get scared, and some completely devour their 1st cake that they have all to themselves. Landry was probably the messiest "Smash Cake" eater I have ever seen. He looked like a Smurf with two little eyeballs poking through a completely blue face:
We have been to Chuck E Cheese, different parks, and friends houses. We have been to a circus party with the works. Cotton Candy machine, Circus Bounce House, and Clown Noses. And check out this cake:
We went to a "Petting Zoo" party at my friends house for her son. Talk about cool.....they brought the animals to her backyard. The kids loved it:
And, just Saturday we went to an adorable Snoopy party at my friend Kellie's house for her son Graham. He LOVES Snoopy, and this Momma did it up right. Cutest invitations I have seen in a while:
BUT- I do have to say my FAVORITE party ever had to have been Landry's 3rd birthday last year. We went to the Wylie Fire Station. INCREDIBLE!!! The kids had so much fun and the best part about it........it was $FREE.99 The firemen showed the kids around the station, they tried on equipment, rang the bells and sirens. They had a firetruck pinata. Lunch, cake, and ice cream was served in the station's kitchen. We played Pin the Tail on the Dalmatian, and handed out a firetruck book to every kid as their party favor. It was AMAZING!!!! 



And because I am such a huge sweet tooth, I always look forward to seeing the different cakes or goodies at the parties. Custom cakes are so popular these days. I am fortunate enough to have a very good friend that has an amazing talent in this department. Tracy has done many of my children's b-day cakes as well as baby shower cakes, and so much more. I also have a close co-worker that has started doing cakes too. So- you never know what you will see at our parties:
Hot Dog Cake (by Tracy) for Picnic themed party
Boys Bug Cake (co-worker, Amanda's, creation)
Baseball themed party (smash cake was a baseball....really cute):
Snoopy Party
More cakes by Tracy from nephew and nieces parties (ps...let me know if you need this ladies # ;)



So- Landry's 4th is in the works. It is going to be hard to top the Fire Station, but this one may be pretty close. Think Handy Manny/Home Depot and make sure you come with your carpenter's hands ready to work! ;)
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To!!!!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 11:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Lol, I was so tickled to get referenced in your blog! I love planning the boys birthday's, too. I love celebrating them coming into this world and developing into young men. :)
See you in April. :)
Post a Comment