Another year come and gone for our first son, Landry! He turned FOUR on Monday. Phew-Momma is feeling a little depressed about it....but, it's all good. I love the stage Landry is in right now. He knows right from wrong, he is very smart, amazes me everyday by something he does or says, and is just such a big boy. It makes me sad to think in 1.5 yrs, he will be entering the world of Elementary School. That makes me want to cry.....so let's move on and talk about his birthday party.
We had an AWESOME time at his party. The "theme" was Home Depot Construction Day. We rented the pavilion at the park, and set up shop there (get it...ha!) Home Depot was kind enough to GIVE me kiddie aprons and craft kits from their Kids Workshops. FUN!!! We laid all the stuff out on the table and let the kids do crafts. I believe it was a huge hit!!!
The kids took their aprons and crafts home with them as their party favors.
I made brown paper sack lunches for the kids. Thank you Sam's for being you. I was able to buy in bulk the chips, Crustable PBJ sandwiches (individually wrapped), Handy Manny fruit snacks, and bananas. For the adults we bought large sub sandwiches. YUM-O!!!! The food turned out great.
The kids just ran and played the rest of the time. The weather was fantastic (other than being a little windy.) It was funny watching them all run around the playground in their Home Depot aprons. :)
And the cake....we can't forget to talk about that. My friend Tracy NEVER fails to amaze me. EVER!!! I can just tell her what we want, and she comes up with it. This go around I said "Toolbox" and this is what she delivers to my front door Saturday morning:
Seriously- INCREDIBLE!!!! Some people thought it was a real wooden toolbox we were giving Landry. It wasn't until we cut into it that they realized it wasn't a toy!! :) Super job Tracy!
Birthday Party = Success!
On Sunday night we meet my parents at Matt Martinez's to celebrate with Landry. He loved having them come out and sing to him. He was cute....acted shy but everyone could tell he loved it. And, not to mention the KICK BUTT dessert you get there on your b-day. It is called the soapipilla (sp?) hat....and it is GOOOOOOD!
Then on Monday (Landry's actual b-day) the boys and I meet my good friend Kari, and her babies at Chick-Fil-A for some lunch. Kari and her family live in AZ now, but they just happened to be in town. She has two precious kiddos, Ian and Cecilia. I had never even meet Ceci....so I was so excited to see them. Landry LOVES Chick-Fil-A, so I think it was a win-win for everyone. Kari and I caught up on old times, while the kiddos played in the play area. It was a nice little lunch with some of my favorite people.
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY LANDRY ALLEN WARNER.....WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Birthday Boy!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 6:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Such a great party idea!
Post a Comment