Monday, April 18, 2011

For Sale

It's official....our house is up for sale. It is very bitter sweet. This cute little home in Wylie was the first (and only) house Kyle and I bought together as a married couple. I remember looking for houses and all the frustration that comes along with it. But, I distinctively remember the feeling I had when we walked into this Wylie home. Kyle and I both lit up and "knew" it was "THE ONE!" It was everything we were looking for. Great location, great town, great price, great layout, great family that owned it before us (they were sooooo super nice), and just great!!!!! We left and I think put a bid on it with in the next day or two. I remember the anxious feelings that come with trying to buy a home. And, the word came back that they accepted our offer.....EXCITEMENT!!! Wow- owning your first home is something else.

But, 6 years and 2 kids later....we have just simply outgrown it here. Kyle and I are dying to get out into the country and raise our boys on some land. We are wanting them to run and play all day in the woods, creeks, etc. Kyle wants some four wheelers, and I want a little garden to grow some veggies, herbs, and fruits. As much as we love this home.....it is time for a new adventure.

So- we are really hoping there is another couple out there that will walk into this house and feel the same feelings we did when we stepped foot in the doorway. It is a great house. Three bedroom/ two bath......1,661 sq ft. It has an awesome (*bonus*) side patio that we hang out on and grill, watch TV, etc. And, the office is something you have never seen before. It is basically an atrium with a HUGE skylight. So- lighting is incredible. This was a model home back in the 80's when it was built. The layout is super. Open floor plan. The kitchen is open into the dining room and living room so the cook never misses out on the action. ;) We have done some updating. We scraped the ceilings (popcorn gone) and applied fresh paint. We are still in need of new carpet, but until it is layed, we will give the buyer a carpet allowance to pick out what they want.

Please.....if you know or hear of anybody looking in the Wylie area, send them my way. We are trying to do this "By Owner" so one of my challenges is just getting the word out. If you need details, please let me know!!!!! :)

Here is to a new adventure!


Living Room

Looking at front entrance and office from dining room

Office/Computer Room

Side Patio

0 comments: