Friday, April 8, 2011

Four and Two1/2...but they're still babies!!!!

My boys are growing up so quick. Landry is going to be FOUR on Monday. I can remember 4 years ago that day so clearly. I remember a LOT of details about April 11, 2007...down to exactly what I ate after I delivered Landry (Chick-Fil-A sandwich, fries, and a chocolate milkshake.) That was the best tasting sandwich I have ever had in my life. After 13 hours of labor.....you turn into a wild hog. From that day forward my life changed. Things had to slow down for a while. The adjustment of getting used to a newborn being in the house is just a complete turn around of what most are used to. From that day I (and him) were put on a schedule. An eating schedule that is very in detail at first. Same with a sleep schedule that you must try to follow everyday. Of course, as the years have gone by and the boys have gotten older, those schedules have loosened up a bit. We CAN go without a nap now. I didn't say we try to....just we can skip it if need be. And, there are so many options now for meals compared to the boob juice or the little glass jars. But, last week I realized, that even though the "schedule" has been looser, the schedule still exists. We were SO busy last week. Every single day included me working earlier than normal, and the boys being shuffled from one place to the other. I had friends from the studio taking the boys. I had help from family. I barely saw my kids at all. They didn't really get good naps. Just the quick snooze in the car going from place to place. Landry started acting up. Bad manners, bad mood, and bad attitude. Gavin started getting sick. They were exhausted. We all basically ate fast food every single night. I knew things had to change.

This week I focused on getting us back on track. Naps everyday. It is amazing to me the difference in the kid's attitudes when they get their full rest. Meals have been much better. Started hiding the sauteed veggies in the kids food again. More time spent with the kids equals happier kids. I can see such a huge difference this week. Sometimes it just takes yourself admitting I MUST slow down and focus on my family.

1 comments:

The Nugen's said...

I totally agree about the behavior/naps! My Patrick is a crazy man if he goes more that 3 days without a nap. I mean, a terror!!

Great to see you a couple weeks ago...see you in Houston!