Wednesday, January 6, 2010

S*P*R*O*U*T*S!!!!

Of course with the new year, Kyle and I are like the 4,003,449,119,382,840,482 other people in the world that want to focus on "eating better and being more active." We don't set goals or make "workout" plans (for the simple fact that we don't want to fail) but we consciously watch what we eat. Also- I have started taking the Boot Camp Class at the gym I work at. It is amazing and makes me feel so refreshed. So- I told Kyle my grocery shopping is going to be more FRESH fruits/veggies than processed "can" stuff. I have shopped at Sprouts before, and loved it. For some reason I got off track and stopped going there. No explanation why.....probably just laziness. It is a good .10 miles farther than Wal-Mart. Whoop-y! So- today I told myself I was going to get back on track with good ole' Sprouts. And, boy- am I glad I did. Let me just share with you my bill:

Sunflower Seeds = $.52
Extra Lean Ground Beef = $4.03
Bananas = $1.50
Oranges = $.75 (and I got 5 HUGE oranges...they are only .$29/lb right now) WOW!!!!
Green Bell Peppers = $1.00 (got 3)
Zucchini = .$59 (got 4)
Roma Tomatoes = $.35 (got 3)
Yellow Onions = $.72 (got 3 JUMBOS...they are 3 LBS for a $1.00 right now)
Jalapenos = $.22 (got 3)
Iceberg Lettuce = $.69
Alfalfa Sprouts = $1.69 (this was my "splurge"...Kyle loves them)
2 of those fruit leather things = $1.00 (I love those)
2 lollipops = $.34 (this is always the boys "treat" if they are good on the shopping trip)

GRAND TOTAL OF......
$13.38

Amazing...I can do a lot with all those fruits and veggies......
I am OFFICIALLY on "Team Sprouts" from now on! :)

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

I have never heard of this place!! Wow! I am going to HAVE to try it out! Wow! Thanks!!

Stephanie said...

It is basically a Farmers Market. They sell locally grown stuff. So- not only is it cheap because of that....it is fresh! I know there is one in Plano, I just don't know where. We go to the one on 544 in Murphy. You would love it girl...check it out. They have a website: www.sprouts.com HAPPY SHOPPING :)