**** I can not take credit for this idea ****
So, my friend, Kerri, started a new thing today on her precious blog called "FLASHBACK FRIDAY!" She posted a pic today of her little guy, Noah, when he was a little little guy!!! :) So cute! I loved the idea so I completely hi-jacked it. I love going through all my old pictures from years ago and seeing how so much has changed in our lifes. I am going to jump on the Flashback Bandwagon (thanks again for the idea Kerri), and try to post something every Friday from the Warners past. So here it goes.....
I thought since this is my first Flashback Friday post....I would take it back old school. I mean REALLY, REALLY old school. Where it all began (The Warner family that is.) Kyle and I started dating in high school. No- we were not high school sweethearts. But, we did start dating with about 4 weeks left in our senior year. Five years later, this happened.............
WE ARE ENGAGED!!!! (October 23, 2005)
This is the first photo of Kyle and I after we got engaged. Funny thing is....Kyle did NOT pop the question at this UNT game we were at. It actually happened the night before. I am very sad to say, we actually didn't get any pictures that night. :( Looking back....I am kicking myself for that. But, back then, I don't think we were really thinking about it (plus....phones weren't as cool in 2005 as they are now. I don't think the camera phone was an option....and I don't believe I had my regular camera with us.) Anyway....I will sum up our engagement night as quickly as possible. Kyle and I were supposed to be going out with some great friends of ours, Brandon and Anne Streng, for a fancy dinner at Three Forks. This was a big deal to us, because we were still young and broke (who am I kidding....still are {except for the "young" part.} lol) About a hour before we were supposed to leave, Anne called me and told me they were going to have to back out of going to dinner (reason = I don't remember.) I hadn't talked to Kyle yet, but once Anne cancelled, I figured there was no way Kyle would still want to go just us two (to spend that much $ on a meal...remember right out of college = broke!) So-I was at my apartment with my roommate Neeley just hanging out. Kyle called and asked if I was ready. "For what.....are we still going" was my reply. He said he was already dressed and had been stoked about going all day, so he didn't want to cancel also. That meant I needed to get dressed up.....STAT!!! At this point I still thought nothing about the night. It wasn't until he showed up at our apartment with roses for me that I started to get suspicious. And, it wasn't necessarily the roses for me....it was the flowers he brought over for Neeley also....HUM.....what the heck is going on! :)
Long story short...this is how the rest of the night progressed:
*I really thought he would propose at dinner....he did NOT
*waiter asked if we wanted dessert. After I answered no, Kyle interrupted me and said YES- yes she does!
*dessert got to our table, but nothing in the sweet treat except delicious chocolate, and lots of calories.
*I am frustrated and beside myself (still with a fake smile on though I may add....trying not to show it)
*we head to Addison Improv for some comedy
*realize if Kyle was going to propose it would have been at some place nice like 3 Forks, and probably not at a smokey, comedy club
*I start drinking more and more wine because I am upset (hiding my feelings around him of course)
*we head back to his place (well- he was actually living with his brother and sis-in-law at this time) so their place
*I start to fall asleep in the car (WINE!) :)
*he keeps telling me to stay awake....I ignore him
*he frantically says he needs to call his brother (I had no idea why)
*we get back to the house....I walk in the front door and
BAM
rose pedals are all over the floor leading all the way to his bedroom. We walk into his room that was covered with flowers and candles (hence..."get a hold of his brother"...to light the candles and get out of there) :) And, there it was.....MY ENGAGEMENT RING ON HIS DESK!!!!!! As I turn around to him standing behind me, he was on one knee and so sweetly says, "Will you please become my Mrs Warner?"
(his favorite part about the story is {which I really don't remember much of} supposedly I put my purse on his desk....right next to the ring. He said I completely overlooked it.....lol!)
It ended up being such a sweet and special night (which I later felt bad about pouting deep down all night....sorry Mr Warner!) :) And just so you know....the whole "friends cancelling on us" was a set up....he had that planned the whole time! They were never going out with us in the first place, and I do believe they were the first to know that Kyle was popping the question that night!
The next morning we headed out to tailgate at the UNT game and to meet up with all our friends. The announcement was made.....and the wedding planning began (literally...I think I had the whole wedding day planned out by the end of that weekend.) ha!
And that, is the true beginning of Mr and Mrs Warner!!! :)
Friday, January 20, 2012
Flashback Friday
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment