Sunday, January 22, 2012

Game Night

Every year around Christmas Kyle and I host a "game night" holiday party. It is always sooooo much fun! We don't just have friends come over to play games...oh no! There is something to be won at these parties...it is competitive. Everyone that attends brings a $20 gift card to any place of their choice. We have everyone post up their cards when they arrive so the rest of the party can see what the prizes are. It is fun to scoop everything out before we start playing. In the past we have just played board games......but we have found that they kind of turn to "bored" games after a while. When you have anywhere from 15-25 guest, board games start taking time and people start to become uninterested. So- this year we changed it up a little.....instead of board games, we added a theme to the annual party. This year's theme was "Minute to Win It!" I can confidently say, THIS WAS THE BEST GAME NIGHT SO FAR!!!!

We had 16 gift cards to hand out, so we got to play several of the games twice. It was great. All the games were 1 minute or so.....just quick, easy, and fun! And, the best part about the night is there is no limit to how many cards you can win. If you DOMINATE...then you deserve to take them home!!! It usually works out though were everyone (or at least every couple) walks away with at least one gift card. But, the ones that walk away with 5 or 6 are the luckiest!!!

The games played this year were:

*Pencil Bounce (whoever bounced a pencil off their eraser into the cup first won. We played this round robin style....4 rounds!)
Winner was Eric Stegal


*Cookie Face....this was a hoot! (guys vs girls and then winner of that group played in final. Players had to get an Oreo cookie from their forehead to their mouth without touching it with their hands.)
Winner was Nick Patton (I was the girl finalist btw.....and I ALMOST beat him...ugh!) :)


*Neck Juice.....HILARIOUS!!! This game probably got the most laughs. (partners must pass as many oranges between their necks and into a bucket within a 1 minute time frame. It looked like couples were just making out everywhere.)
Winner was Kyle and Stephanie Warner (we had hard competition...first 2 rounds tied...we won in the 3rd.)


*Candy Land (players had to eat a combination of 5 candies that did not go well together, the quickest. No hands! Combo of candy included Altoids, Red Hots, Lemonheads, Sour Patch Kids, and Black Licorice....YUCK!!!!!)
Winner was Dan Uhl (props to him too.....he focused and took care of business)


I just love this one....holding the hair back and all.....great support system :)



*Dice Stack (player must balance 6 dice on popsicle stick the fastest)
We played several rounds of this....so I cant remember all the winners!


Some other games I didn't get a picture of were The Newlywed Game, Ping Pong Bounce, Mario Cart, and I'm sure one or two more I can't think of at this time. After the games were finished, the music was turned up loud and the living room became a dance floor. So much fun! Kyle and I walked away that night with 2 gift cards to Starbucks, 1 to Lowes, and 1 to Best Buy!!! Chi-ching!!!

I will give you a whole year's heads up for the next party.....THEME = DOUBLE DARE!!! :)




0 comments: