It was early! When you are in college, waking up before noon is unheard of. I was walking into Biomechanics class. I hated that professor. He was an older man. I can't even remember his name. All I know is he was very arrogant and acted like his poop don't stink. He was the type that would basically laugh in your face if you answered a question wrong, or even worse HAD a question. Just that miserable type of teacher you never want. One of my classmates came running in telling us to turn on the TV. We caught a brief glimpse of what was going on. It looked like a plane hit the World Trade Center. But, Mr. Moody walked in and flipped the TV off. He said whatever was going on wasn't that important, and we needed to get ready for a pop quiz he was about to hand out. JERK!!!!!! So, after the 50 minute class was over, I headed home. Back to my apartment, ready to eat some breakfast. I sat down with my Pop Tart (I was broke....in college...ha), and turned on the tube. There it was again....ALL over the news. This time though I saw no buildings in sight. A bunch of dust and chaos, but no buildings. Then I saw it.....they kept replaying the footage of the buildings collapsing. As I started realizing what was going on, tears started running.....and they didn't stop that whole day. I went to work later in the evening (Outback Steakhouse.) When it was time for the President to make a speech, we turned the TV's on as loud as possible. I have NEVER in my life heard a restaurant so quiet. Everything STOPPED. The cooks came out of the kitchen. You could hear a pin drop. I remember it all like it was yesterday! (Btw.....the unpopular professor came into class the next day and apologized for his actions. He said he didn't realize what was going on. And, he threw out our pop quiz.)
God bless those families that lost loved ones. Give them peace. Give the USA peace. Watch over us and shine down your blessings. We will never forget 9/11/01.
Here is a tribute video I watched this morning. It is short and sweet...but gets the message across.
I have been fortunate enough to visit NYC twice since that awful day. One year after the attack, my best friend Neeley and I went to NYC for our birthdays. Ground Zero was still in jumbles, and nothing was really built back up yet. It was very sad. Then, in 2006, my Mom and I went to NYC for a "girls trip" before I became a mommy (I was pregnant with Landry.) By this time Ground Zero still had a huge hole, but things seemed at peace, and memorial. Here are just a few pics I captured of the massive pictures that had been posted around the hole in the ground:



GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!
On another note....I have a prayer request for everyone. A girl I went to high school with, Dena Downum, just became a new mommy to a little boy on 9-9-09. His name is Tucker. I haven't seen or spoken with Dena since high school other than the quick note here and there on facebook. But, I learned from her facebook page yesterday that her new little life has developed a heart murmur. He is currently in the NICU and will have to have open heart surgery at the early part of next week. Please pray for this family. I am not sure how severe his condition is, but I do know the pain and worry you go through as a parent when your little one is sick. And, in this case, this little guy is just a couple days old. Hang in there Dena. Your little man needs you more than ever right now. Stay strong and trust in the Lord. He will protect your family!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Deep Thoughts!!!!!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Dena is actually a sorority sister of mine, too. I am heartbroken for her. How scary that situation is!! I've prayed for them several times already and will continue to do so.
What a day this is. I can't believe it's not a national holiday by now. I can still vividly remember watching that footage as the second plane hit the tower on live TV. I was in shock. I didn't start to cry until the names and ages of the passengers started scrolling across the bottom of the screen and I saw a 3 year old little girl's name go across. I cried for days.
Post a Comment