My heart strings have really been tugged on in the past week. Sometimes we forget the blessings God has given us. Sometimes we take life for granted. Sometimes we complain and think we have it so bad, when in reality others are probably struggling worse. In my last blog I wrote about a little guy named Tucker. Last I heard, Tucker is still fighting like a little champ. He has not yet had his open heart surgery, but I believe it is scheduled for next Monday. I can't imagine what a trying time this must be for Dena, her husband, and her family. Every time she post something on Facebook, it seems like she is a warrior. She is holding it together and fighting for her little guy just as hard as he is. Bless her! I can't imagine the worries she must be feeling. Then, I was able to catch up with a college roommate of mine over the weekend. I found out this past year for her and her husband has been a struggle. Unfortunately, they had a little girl last August who was stillborn. But, once again.....another warrior Mommy! She has started a non-profit organization that helps other families that are going through the same thing she had too. What a ministry!!!!! She is amazing and I am inspired by the acts of goodness she is doing in the community. And, Praise God.....she just had her second little girl on Tuesday of this week. Little Eva was 6 lbs 11 oz and beautiful! What a miraculous blessing. It is so hard for me to comprehend the pain/hurt that these families have had to go through. I don't say this in ANY means to brag.....but my pregnancies were so easy. The worst that happened with Landry was I had heartburn out the waazoo, and I gained 50 lbs. After a 11 hour labor and pushing for 45 minutes our healthy first son arrived. Pregnancy #2 went great also. Only gained 28 lbs that time and all 38.5 weeks were comfortable. Little nausea at first and the typical tired....but other than that a great experience. Labor with Gavin was about 10 hours and I LITERALLY pushed 3 times. Our second son was here. Gavin had a few health issues as a newborn that absolutely scared the daylights out of me. He had a HORRIBLE case of jaundice. At one point they even thought his liver might not be functioning and had to run a series of test. Praise the Lord everything turned out ok. After close monitoring, and 6 weeks of the "yellow" stuff, he was better. Then at 8 weeks old, Gavin came down with RSV that stuck us in the hospital for 3 days. He had to have test, x-rays, and oxygen, but it was just a disease he had to fight. And, he did. And we were home again with our newborn. Both of those things were scary, but don't even touch some of the things others have had to go through.
I pray for the families that have struggled with their children. I pray for the Lord to place his hand upon their hearts and guide them every step of the way. He will not bring you TO IT, without guiding you THROUGH IT! All you out there that have dealt with a health situation with your children, no matter what it is, you are chosen for a reason. God has a plan, and His plan is always right! Trust in the Lord and you will never be failed! And please, never take one day for granted! God Bless You ALL!!!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Never Take One Day for Granted!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
AMEN! I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with Carter. I was due in Feb of 2008. Of course, I was upset when I lost it. But when Feb of 2008 rolled around, I got pregnant with Carter. I like to think it's all connected. :)
I'm praying hard for Dena and Tucker and their family, too. I just can't imagine the fear that situation would bring.
Post a Comment