Friday, September 25, 2009

Productivity is Priceless!

I love the feeling of getting stuff done. We had NOTHING written on our calendar today. No school, no tumbling classes, no story time at the library, no grocery shopping, NOTHING! It was fabulous. So, I decided to bunk out in the house. Kyle switched cars and took mine to work with him today. The Civic has been acting up a little, so since I had nothing going on, we decided to give it a mini-vacation. Speaking of.....a note to the Honda Civic:

Dear CivDog:
Over the years you have been so good to us. Even though you are older and running out of precious life, we need you to hang in there for a little longer. You are old....but you are paid for. We really need you to pull through. We will give you anything you ask.....fresh gas, oil change, nice warm bath......anything. But please, don't crack your engine or bust any "important" parts. I am afraid if you go that route, we will just have to lay you to rest.
Hang in there!
Love,
Your Owners

Ok...sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Anyway, back to my original story. It was a beautiful day. The boys and I opened up all the windows and enjoyed the breeze. We played in the backyard FOREVER on the new jungle gym. And, I actually got a LOT done today. Here is the list of things that I have needed to work on for a while, but never had the time (or motivation.)

#1: Took Landry's toddler bed down. No- he is not in a big bed now. We had 2 toddler beds set up in his room. His baby crib actually turned into a toddler bed, and we were handed down a cool firetruck toddler bed from my nephew. So, we have always had both in his room and would let him choose. But, for over a month now he has stayed in the firetruck bed....so bye, bye plain, white, boring toddler bed. I was very proud of myself too. I am not good with tools and all that jazz, but I managed to take that thing apart all by myself (and in record timing.) :)

#2: Made a diaper cake for a lady that Kyle works with (actually he works with the ladies husband.) I had a few things left over from the boys that had never been used. And, I also had a few extra things from a diaper cake I had made for me when I was pregnant with Gavin (thanks Alyssa.) :) So, here it is......this is for Baby Conner due the early part of October:


I really like making these. I think they are fun. I also made one for my niece, Sydney, when she was born:


As I was in the middle of hot gluing today, it hit me that I should post these on my Pampered Prego site. I can sell them individually, or I can add it to any package. The ones I have made so far have been more on the "simple" side, but I can always go wild too. So, if you ever hear of anyone needing a diaper cake....here I am! ;)

#3: Washed the curtains in the living room
#4: Laundry and dishes
#5: Organized all my pictures and videos of the kids. This was a HUGE deal. I actually got everything caught up and set into individual file folders on the computer and everything. That chore deserves a pat on the back.
#6: Cooked a really yummy dinner consisting of grilled bbq chicken and sweet potato fries. Brownies for dessert!

It may not look like a lot....but I feel I got many things done today! Yay for me.

We are just hanging out for the rest of the night. The kids are now asleep. Kyle and I love that show Man vs Food. Some of the challenges that guy takes on are incredible. Sometimes I want to throw up watching him, but at least the show is humorous. We have a couple episodes DVR'ed, so that is probably where we will be!

Kyle is going to a Bachelor Party tomorrow while my parents and me take the boys to my cousins wedding. Should be fun! They have never been to a wedding, so we will see how well that goes!

Have a great weekend friends! :)

1 comments:

Mrs. Pesek said...

Steph- we saw cute diaper wreaths at Aspasains last weekend. I've made the diaper cakes, but I think I'm going to try the wreaths when I have a chance!!