A little over 2 years ago, I started up a bi-monthly tradition called GNO (Girls Night Out.) I absolutely love the times I get to spend with my friends, especially my girlfriends. We have so much fun. We talk and laugh and giggle like we are back in high school. We like to get stuff off our chest, and know that it will stay in our group and more importantly discover that we are not the ONLY ones feeling that way. We drink and get silly, we eat and get full. Pictures are a must at GNO. We try to do new task, take on new adventures. I organize the event and evite every other month. I try to stick with the season when possible. Some examples of things we have done/places we have been are: Murder Mystery Theatre, Pete's Piano Bar, Karaoke and Fondue, Studio Movie Grill, Ice Skating, Game Night, etc. If you have never been able to join us, you really should next month, they always turn into a blast whether 3 people show up or 15. And, you are more than welcome to bring your girlfriends. More times than not, not every person knows each other. That is what is cool though......we meet new friends and keep the old!
So, last night was our September GNO for 2009. It was a BLAST. I can truthfully say that was one of the better ones. We started out in Grapevine for Grapefest. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful. There was 5 of us this time: Me, Michelle, Chasity, Dina, and Kim. We ate, did a little bit of shopping, found a booth that cleaned one ring for free (they were selling jewelery cleaner) and we all got our wedding rings cleaned, and best of all....we tried some wine! All kinds of wine! I have never really taken part in a "wine tasting." How much fun was that? For $20 we bought a ticket into the tasting, got a wine glass monogrammed with the Grapefest 2009 logo on it, and got to taste 138 different wines. Yep- that is a lot of wine. Red wine, white wine, pink wine....you name it , it was there. I don't know much about wine other than if I like the taste or not. Some were very good, some were horrible. But it was so much fun. They had free cheese and crackers! I love cheese! All the wineries there were Texas Wineries. So, we walked up to one from Meridian, TX. To my surprise two guys I went to high school with were in this booth: Shaun Alexander and Evan McKibbin. I started talking to them and found out Evan and his Dad opened up a winery 2 years ago in Meridian. It is called the Red Caboose. The wine they had was GREAT!!!!!! It was fun to see those guys. Evan asked if Kyle and I would like to come to the winery sometime and check it out.....of course we would! Fun!!!!!
Once we finished up tasting our 138 sips of wine, we decided we were all hungry. We debated where we should go eat, and decided Italian food sounded most appetizing because of all the wine we had. So, we called up another high school buddy, Cory Cottangame, at Terrillis on Greenville where he is the GM. He said he would hold us a table and we said we would be there shortly (it was a good night to "know" people.) We had the BEST dinner. We had appetizers, a bottle of wine (sticking to the theme), meals, and desserts. At one point I think we all just passed out plates in a clockwise rotation so we could try what everyone ordered. The bill came and........THE BEST PART.....Cory comped a lot of it. The appetizers, bottle of wine, and desserts were taken off. Good gosh....we just had a FABULOUS meal for cheap cheap! Thanks Cory.....we APPRECIATE it!
We hated that the night had to end, but in just 8 short weeks, we will do it again! It will be around Thanksgiving time and I think some "Turkey Dinner" might be calling our names. Check out some pictures from last nights extravaganza:
Cute little Dina.....she is from Russia and she didn't realize we would be walking around outside. So, she wore high heels and looked all nice and dressy. But, those hurt her feet real quick....so we found a little store that sold some $5 flip flops.....AHHH.....much better!
Kim and Me with our yummy, yummy pretzels. Who cares if there is mustard on her tooth....it was so good!:)
The Fab Five for the night!
Michelle, Dina, and Chasity in the wine tasting tent. Dina is hiding behind her wine glass!
Oh yes- "THE" Incident! ha! Michelle turned around not realizing I was RIGHT BEHIND HER and boom........red wine all over my white shirt sleeve! Oh Well.....stuff happens! :)
If you've been to a GNO you know I give out a "little" souvenir to go with the theme of the party. Last night I handed out tags (rings) to mark our individual glass. They had different names on them so we could remember whose was whose.....names such as VIP, Party Animal, Flirt, etc. 
It only fits....her husband's name is Nick!
Be on the look out for the next GNO evite. It will be coming to a town near you soon! :)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
Posted by Stephanie Stephanie at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Ahh...it looks like ya'll had a blasty blast! I'm a bit jealous...I'll just have to wait till next year:)
Post a Comment